Grocery store shooting

Humor, Politics, News and Other Topics NOT Related to Football.
harley01
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:43 pm

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/ ... 831626001/

How many grocery store shootings have there been in the past year? Seems like a scary trend.

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:45 pm

I think it is futile to try and find one or two reasons for or solutions to this type of violence. The human mind is very complex and so are the societal stimuli that are input to it. Mitigation is undoubtedly also extremely complex. I'm skeptical that in today's world of activism and sound bite answers, any real solutions are soon in coming.

clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:35 pm

harley01 wrote:

How many grocery store shootings have there been in the past year? Seems like a scary trend.
It obviously means it's a staged narrative.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:24 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
harley01 wrote:

You seem to outdo yourself almost every week, Cleve.

Every time.

I didn’t think it was possible. How one could climb to a lower level, time and time again.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:31 pm

It’s a sign of the times. All of what we are seeing… all of it… left or right, the hate, the rage, the insensitivity, the lies, the propaganda, the violence. All of it comes from one thing. The degradation of our collective moral center. It begins with the self; the ego and expands from there. Sadly, there is no cure. Until we stop focusing on the external and begin collectively focus on the spiritual, and see how futile and meaningless the things we as a society value actually are, nothing will change.

clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:59 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:
harley01 wrote:

Every time.

I didn’t think it was possible. How one could climb to a lower level, time and time again.
I'm not wrong. They never show anything concrete.
No true solid anything to prove anything actually went down.
It's amazing how this just keeps happening after the puppet gets in office.
Just more gun control BS

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:06 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:

Every time.

Just more gun control BS
So this never happened?

TustinRam
Site Admin
Role: MCP

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:14 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:

Every time.

Just more gun control BS
My daughter was at Route 91 in Las Vegas. The first shots hit approximately 6 feet to her left. I easily could have lost her that night. Yes, it really happened. Yes, my daughter saw people die. Don’t you dare give me any BS about it not being true.

And for the record, I am a gun owner

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:32 pm

UplandRam wrote:
It’s a sign of the times. All of what we are seeing… all of it… left or right, the hate, the rage, the insensitivity, the lies, the propaganda, the violence. All of it comes from one thing. The degradation of our collective moral center. It begins with the self; the ego and expands from there. Sadly, there is no cure. Until we stop focusing on the external and begin collectively focus on the spiritual, and see how futile and meaningless the things we as a society value actually are, nothing will change.
I think you are partially right Upland. But I also think the external has to be the vehicle to drive the spiritual and spiritual meaning the internal, not necessarily a deity. One thing I've always believed is that humanity needs desperately to get into and to colonize space. And for a couple of reasons. First humanity needs an overarching transcendant, generational and exciting collective goal to aspire to. JFK grasped that when he challenged the U.S. to reach the moon by the end of the 1960's. Just think of how many kids were inspired to go into science over that moon race. And how many people in general were inspired in their daily lives watching that. We missed a great opportunity to keep it going. The shuttle program had no real purpose. It was a place holder because the government had no appetite for the risks and costs associated with a manned push beyond orbital space. Yet what we have now is no real national purpose for our citizens beyond pointless conflicts and inane social constructs. Too many people are adrift with no reason to care about life or country. No wonder that kids drift into undesirable pursuits in an effort to find relevance. The second reason is freedom. Throughout history, groups of people have undertaken migrations to escape oppression. Sometimes this turned out poorly. But in other cases it led to freedom, improved quality of life and innovative thinking. With the world shrinking daily and globalization on the rise, freedom will eventually have to go the way of the dinosaur. And along with it will go innovation and critical thinking. There has to be an escape hatch for individualists, and environments for ideas to succeed or fail on their own merits without heavy handed intervention.

I'm not expecting agreement or debate. It's just my opinion.

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:49 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
harley01 wrote:

just like Sandy hook right? I've got it Cleveland is Alex Jones

UplandRam
Site Admin

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:00 pm

Rams since '66 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:32 pm
UplandRam wrote:
I think you are partially right Upland. But I also think the external has to be the vehicle to drive the spiritual and spiritual meaning the internal, not necessarily a deity. One thing I've always believed is that humanity needs desperately to get into and to colonize space. And for a couple of reasons. First humanity needs an overarching transcendant, generational and exciting collective goal to aspire to. JFK grasped that when he challenged the U.S. to reach the moon by the end of the 1960's. Just think of how many kids were inspired to go into science over that moon race. And how many people in general were inspired in their daily lives watching that. We missed a great opportunity to keep it going. The shuttle program had no real purpose. It was a place holder because the government had no appetite for the risks and costs associated with a manned push beyond orbital space. Yet what we have now is no real national purpose for our citizens beyond pointless conflicts and inane social constructs. Too many people are adrift with no reason to care about life or country. No wonder that kids drift into undesirable pursuits in an effort to find relevance. The second reason is freedom. Throughout history, groups of people have undertaken migrations to escape oppression. Sometimes this turned out poorly. But in other cases it led to freedom, improved quality of life and innovative thinking. With the world shrinking daily and globalization on the rise, freedom will eventually have to go the way of the dinosaur. And along with it will go innovation and critical thinking. There has to be an escape hatch for individualists, and environments for ideas to succeed or fail on their own merits without heavy handed intervention.

I'm not expecting agreement or debate. It's just my opinion.
Perfectly said! I couldn’t agree with you more. Space and the physics behind it fascinates me to no end.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:05 pm

ocram23 wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:
harley01 wrote:

Use to read and listen to Alex Jones. Simply for the entertainment value. After Sandy Hook, and his outrageous BS, I was never more disgusted with a human being. Never really respected him, but, whatever tiny amount of respect I did have vanished instantly. The guy is an absolute sensationalist A-HOLE with no empathy whatsoever. Did he ever have to pay up on the lawsuits filed by the parents of those kids??

Guess not
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/20 ... 662371001/

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:26 pm

UplandRam wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:05 pm
ocram23 wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:

Use to read and listen to Alex Jones. Simply for the entertainment value. After Sandy Hook, and his outrageous BS, I was never more disgusted with a human being. Never really respected him, but, whatever tiny amount of respect I did have vanished instantly. The guy is an absolute sensationalist A-HOLE with no empathy whatsoever. Did he ever have to pay up on the lawsuits filed by the parents of those kids??

Guess not
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/20 ... 662371001/
yeah he is a huge POS that is for sure. Howard Stern did a great job of mocking him for years. He lost everyone's respect for his take on the SH tragedy. to disrespect the parents like that was unforgiveable.

clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:24 pm

ocram23 wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:
harley01 wrote:

Alex jones is a fake as well. Otherwise they'd shut him down. You don't get national syndication if you are for real.
Yes Sandy hook was a complete joke.

clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:34 pm

TustinRam wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:14 pm
clevelandrams wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

Every time.

Just more gun control BS
My daughter was at Route 91 in Las Vegas. The first shots hit approximately 6 feet to her left. I easily could have lost her that night. Yes, it really happened. Yes, my daughter saw people die. Don’t you dare give me any BS about it not being true.

And for the record, I am a gun owner
What part of, the govt doesn't give a damn about you, don't you get?
These are govt operations. Govt already admitted they train/brainwash people for this.

• Information