Gruden resigns from Raiders

General NFL Discussion. Other NFL Teams etc
User avatar
UtahRam
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1235
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:05 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Discuss

User avatar
UtahRam
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1235
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:05 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Our uniforms still suck.

User avatar
fan since 65
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:15 pm
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 64 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:30 pm

could not happen to a better thug, clown-show fan base....buuhhhahahaha :lol:

User avatar
DMRamFan
Commissioner
Posts: 8820
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 am
Location: Orange County, CA
Has thanked: 495 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm

More like fired over some stupid email from over a decade ago. Total BS in this woke planet. I’m sick of this crap.

Complete crap.

Maybe I don’t have all the facts here but this is garbage it seems. In Cabo And this is the headlines down here.

USC’s hiring
Last edited by DMRamFan on Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UtahRam
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1235
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:05 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Hey give me a thumbs up on my uniform post. I'm beginning to feel so alone.

User avatar
clevelandrams
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3488
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:58 pm

Lololololol
Another staged , propaganda , drama, fake news nothing, pc, Idiocracy pretend incident.

User avatar
clevelandrams
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3488
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:01 pm

And uniforms. Loved the old, hate the new
Screenshot_20211011-182603.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Rampager66
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10596
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:46 pm
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 107 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:05 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm
More like fired over some stupid email from over a decade ago. Total BS in this woke planet. I’m sick of this crap.

Complete crap.

Maybe I don’t have all the facts here but this is garbage it seems. In Cabo And this is the headlines down here.

USC’s hiring
This thread should maybe be in Off topic because of where it could go...

User avatar
Commish
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3193
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:33 pm

fan since 65 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:30 pm

could not happen to a better thug, clown-show fan base....buuhhhahahaha :lol:
This guy always struck me as an arrogant jackass, his coaching skills notwithstanding.

Some people believe that a head coach's personal attitudes and behaviors shouldn't matter, regardless of how disgusting they are, however the NFL has to be highly conscious of its public image.

Still, I don't condemn 'Raiders Nation' (their fans) for John Gruden's statements, which were made before he became head coach of the 'Silver-&-Black,' unless they're supporting his ideas... ;) :? :|

ram pathos...

--The Commish
UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7037
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 217 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:37 pm

Raiders need a HC…………

Rams have a DC with HC experience………..

ocram23
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10481
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 109 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:05 pm
DMRamFan wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm
More like fired over some stupid email from over a decade ago. Total BS in this woke planet. I’m sick of this crap.

Complete crap.

Maybe I don’t have all the facts here but this is garbage it seems. In Cabo And this is the headlines down here.

USC’s hiring
This thread should maybe be in Off topic because of where it could go...
now this is complete cancel culture 100% BS. we live in very scary times right now. total BS

toast49
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5965
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 70 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:22 pm

Gruden is a good coach. I wouldn't give two cents for a woke loser. No man would be offended by what he said.

ocram23
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10481
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 109 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:26 pm

toast49 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:22 pm
Gruden is a good coach. I wouldn't give two cents for a woke loser. No man would be offended by what he said.
not sure he is a good coach anymore. look at his record

User avatar
Rampager66
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10596
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:46 pm
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 107 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:57 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 pm
Rampager66 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:05 pm
DMRamFan wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm
More like fired over some stupid email from over a decade ago. Total BS in this woke planet. I’m sick of this crap.

Complete crap.

Maybe I don’t have all the facts here but this is garbage it seems. In Cabo And this is the headlines down here.

USC’s hiring
This thread should maybe be in Off topic because of where it could go...
now this is complete cancel culture 100% BS. we live in very scary times right now. total BS
yep

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:07 pm
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 139 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:03 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm
More like fired over some stupid email from over a decade ago. Total BS in this woke planet. I’m sick of this crap.

Complete crap.

Maybe I don’t have all the facts here but this is garbage it seems. In Cabo And this is the headlines down here.

USC’s hiring
Urban, Chucky, Jeff Fisher. So many fine candidates. A shame they can only grab one.

fredgarv
Bench Warmer
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:52 pm
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:21 pm

OMG he insulted rodger godell, he mentioned the size of somebody's lips, he didn't want women to be referees. from 10 years ago. I just heard booger mcfarland say oh man we were just making progress with the whole "end racism" on the back of players helmets, now, john gruden comes out with this? ! it was 10 years ago, he didn't just "come out with it"

I'm totally 100% sure that whatever you think of him, he had great relationships with all of his black players, and they would all testify and come out for him, and support him as not being any kind of racist. yet they cant come forward and say anything like that because of today's culture. think of how many young black men he coached over the years, supported, made them into better players. on and on. yet because of a few private emails from 10 years ago he's gone, done. won't even be able to get another commentator job anywhere. at best he'll get a high school coaching job. he's toxic now because of this. his reputation is utterly ruined because he was grumpy and insulted some "communities" for using the F word or the P word.

ocram23
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10481
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 109 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:23 pm

fredgarv wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:21 pm
OMG he insulted rodger godell, he mentioned the size of somebody's lips, he didn't want women to be referees. from 10 years ago. I just heard booger mcfarland say oh man we were just making progress with the whole "end racism" on the back of players helmets, now, john gruden comes out with this? ! it was 10 years ago, he didn't just "come out with it"

I'm totally 100% sure that whatever you think of him, he had great relationships with all of his black players, and they would all testify and come out for him, and support him as not being any kind of racist. yet they cant come forward and say anything like that because of today's culture. think of how many young black men he coached over the years, supported, made them into better players. on and on. yet because of a few private emails from 10 years ago he's gone, done. won't even be able to get another commentator job anywhere. at best he'll get a high school coaching job. he's toxic now because of this. his reputation is utterly ruined because he was grumpy and insulted some "communities" for using the F word or the P word.
Booger is a complete moron. loved the QB show he did and loved him in the booth.

fredgarv
Bench Warmer
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:52 pm
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:46 pm

UtahRam wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 pm
Hey give me a thumbs up on my uniform post. I'm beginning to feel so alone.
thumbs up man. could not agree with you more. you don't mess with the horns

armyram
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 49 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:46 pm

toast49 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:22 pm
Gruden is a good coach. I wouldn't give two cents for a woke loser. No man would be offended by what he said.
Really Toast, you have a right to say that? Some of you are tired of all this BUT will never understand because you are never put in the situation. I'm a 20 year Army Special Operations Veteran , 14 year Houston Police Officer and people still stereo type me because I'm 6'4, 250 lbs, have tattoos and yes, mainly because I'm Black. Yet, they dont realize if something was to happen where ever I'm at, I'm the least they have to worry about because I would be the one stepping up to protect their ass. I had the Police called on me because i was jumping rope in the park...suspicious activity, WTF??? Now if someone in my chain of command, whether military or police said something in such a way, I sure the hell would be offended. And I definitely wouldnt want to serve under that person. Now put it on the football field, as a Black player could you give your all to a coach that you know made racist comments or as a fan, spend money to support a team that allows a coach to stay on their staff. We all have our prejudices and stereo types, I know I do... but even my dumb uneducated ass knows what's right to say and what's not... if that dumbass Gruden feels strongly enough to blast it over emails, whether it's about race, gender, or whatever then he truly is stupid. I didnt say ignorant because ignorant is not knowing...stupid is knowing but not caring and the only reason he apologized is because he got exposed. But guess what, there are a thousand Grudens out there. If you dont think you would get offended then just substitute something or someone you care about, such as a male teacher sending emails referring to females as bitches and hoes, yet your daughter is in his class ...would that not bother you. Damn People, get out of your sheltered lives and see what others see, feel what others feel. Just because you are priviledged, meaning you have never experienced racism, doesn't mean it doesn,t exist. It truly gets tiresome to those of us trying to set the example. Anyway, Go Rams, dont let the Giants catch you sleeping. Love ya Ram Brothers but sometimes you just make me SMH!

chris
Veteran
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:39 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:51 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:37 pm
Raiders need a HC…………

Rams have a DC with HC experience………..
I love the Raiders to take Morris sooner the better!!!

fredgarv
Bench Warmer
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:52 pm
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:55 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:23 pm
fredgarv wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:21 pm
OMG he insulted rodger godell, he mentioned the size of somebody's lips, he didn't want women to be referees. from 10 years ago. I just heard booger mcfarland say oh man we were just making progress with the whole "end racism" on the back of players helmets, now, john gruden comes out with this? ! it was 10 years ago, he didn't just "come out with it"

I'm totally 100% sure that whatever you think of him, he had great relationships with all of his black players, and they would all testify and come out for him, and support him as not being any kind of racist. yet they cant come forward and say anything like that because of today's culture. think of how many young black men he coached over the years, supported, made them into better players. on and on. yet because of a few private emails from 10 years ago he's gone, done. won't even be able to get another commentator job anywhere. at best he'll get a high school coaching job. he's toxic now because of this. his reputation is utterly ruined because he was grumpy and insulted some "communities" for using the F word or the P word.
Booger is a complete moron. loved the QB show he did and loved him in the booth.

I subscribed to espn+ just so I could see prime time with chris berman and tom jackson. the only remaining highlight show left that is any good or goes into any detail whatsoever on tv. then after one year, jackson decides "due to covid" he wasn't going to do prime time in 2020. booger took over. so this year I expected to see tom jackson back. but no, booger is still there. all he does is mum or hum "umm humm" whenever berman says anything. man I miss tom jackson! I looked it up and there is zero information about why he was not brought back. did he retire? did they like booger better? nothing just old articles.

User avatar
harkin
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7329
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 92 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:13 pm

How much $$$ are the Raiders on the hook for?

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:07 pm
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 139 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:20 pm

armyram wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:46 pm
toast49 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:22 pm
Gruden is a good coach. I wouldn't give two cents for a woke loser. No man would be offended by what he said.
Really Toast, you have a right to say that? Some of you are tired of all this BUT will never understand because you are never put in the situation. I'm a 20 year Army Special Operations Veteran , 14 year Houston Police Officer and people still stereo type me because I'm 6'4, 250 lbs, have tattoos and yes, mainly because I'm Black. Yet, they dont realize if something was to happen where ever I'm at, I'm the least they have to worry about because I would be the one stepping up to protect their ass. I had the Police called on me because i was jumping rope in the park...suspicious activity, WTF??? Now if someone in my chain of command, whether military or police said something in such a way, I sure the hell would be offended. And I definitely wouldnt want to serve under that person. Now put it on the football field, as a Black player could you give your all to a coach that you know made racist comments or as a fan, spend money to support a team that allows a coach to stay on their staff. We all have our prejudices and stereo types, I know I do... but even my dumb uneducated ass knows what's right to say and what's not... if that dumbass Gruden feels strongly enough to blast it over emails, whether it's about race, gender, or whatever then he truly is stupid. I didnt say ignorant because ignorant is not knowing...stupid is knowing but not caring and the only reason he apologized is because he got exposed. But guess what, there are a thousand Grudens out there. If you dont think you would get offended then just substitute something or someone you care about, such as a male teacher sending emails referring to females as bitches and hoes, yet your daughter is in his class ...would that not bother you. Damn People, get out of your sheltered lives and see what others see, feel what others feel. Just because you are priviledged, meaning you have never experienced racism, doesn't mean it doesn,t exist. It truly gets tiresome to those of us trying to set the example. Anyway, Go Rams, dont let the Giants catch you sleeping. Love ya Ram Brothers but sometimes you just make me SMH!
Putting profanity aside; if you wouldn't say it in a public forum, why would it be appropriate to say at any time? And no one deserves to get a pass because they're a good coach or good player or a good anything. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

User avatar
flv
Veteran
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:31 am
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:42 pm

Gruden isn't leaving because of what he said in 2011. He's leaving because no-one has his back in 2021.

People don't have Gruden's back because he's not winning and he hasn't adjusted his views on society. To be a successful NFL HC you need to as close as is possible to the best possible outcome using the resources available to you. The main resource are the team's players. If they don't trust and respect the HC they won't buy in to what he's trying to do.

User avatar
clevelandrams
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3488
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Twitter:
According to the @WSJ, the NFL reviewed 650,000 emails during its investigation into the Washington Football Team's workplace culture.

Either Jon Gruden had the only offensive emails within the 650,000 or - far more likely - his were the only ones ownership ALLOWED to come out.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests