Gruden resigns from Raiders

General NFL Discussion. Other NFL Teams etc
clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Twitter:
According to the @WSJ, the NFL reviewed 650,000 emails during its investigation into the Washington Football Team's workplace culture.

Either Jon Gruden had the only offensive emails within the 650,000 or - far more likely - his were the only ones ownership ALLOWED to come out.

clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:53 pm

Twitter:
A law firm was paid to investigate Washington Football Team. We didn’t see a single email from Dan Snyder and never a written report.

Yet all of Gruden’s emails come out from an investigation he was even not the subject of. Strange until you remember that OWNERS run the league. https://t.co/HJyMt2SGPB

clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:54 pm

Commish wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:33 pm
fan since 65 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:30 pm

could not happen to a better thug, clown-show fan base....buuhhhahahaha :lol:
This guy always struck me as an arrogant jackass, his coaching skills notwithstanding.

Some people believe that a head coach's personal attitudes and behaviors shouldn't matter, regardless of how disgusting they are, however the NFL has to be highly conscious of its public image.

Still, I don't condemn 'Raiders Nation' (their fans) for John Gruden's statements, which were made before he became head coach of the 'Silver-&-Black,' unless they're supporting his ideas... ;) :? :|

ram pathos...

--The Commish
Hes a actor. He's acting.

UK Rams Fan
Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:11 am

When you're in the spotlight the media is always your worst enemy. If you're not squeaky clean, you will be found out eventually...
This has come back to bite Gruden on the a$$ big time.

Not even ESPN will take him back now. No one will touch him with that stigma surrounding him.

Put a fork in Jon, he's done.

fan since 65
Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:52 am

armyram wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:46 pm
toast49 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:22 pm
Gruden is a good coach. I wouldn't give two cents for a woke loser. No man would be offended by what he said.
Really Toast, you have a right to say that? Some of you are tired of all this BUT will never understand because you are never put in the situation. I'm a 20 year Army Special Operations Veteran , 14 year Houston Police Officer and people still stereo type me because I'm 6'4, 250 lbs, have tattoos and yes, mainly because I'm Black. Yet, they dont realize if something was to happen where ever I'm at, I'm the least they have to worry about because I would be the one stepping up to protect their ass. I had the Police called on me because i was jumping rope in the park...suspicious activity, WTF??? Now if someone in my chain of command, whether military or police said something in such a way, I sure the hell would be offended. And I definitely wouldnt want to serve under that person. Now put it on the football field, as a Black player could you give your all to a coach that you know made racist comments or as a fan, spend money to support a team that allows a coach to stay on their staff. We all have our prejudices and stereo types, I know I do... but even my dumb uneducated ass knows what's right to say and what's not... if that dumbass Gruden feels strongly enough to blast it over emails, whether it's about race, gender, or whatever then he truly is stupid. I didnt say ignorant because ignorant is not knowing...stupid is knowing but not caring and the only reason he apologized is because he got exposed. But guess what, there are a thousand Grudens out there. If you dont think you would get offended then just substitute something or someone you care about, such as a male teacher sending emails referring to females as bitches and hoes, yet your daughter is in his class ...would that not bother you. Damn People, get out of your sheltered lives and see what others see, feel what others feel. Just because you are priviledged, meaning you have never experienced racism, doesn't mean it doesn,t exist. It truly gets tiresome to those of us trying to set the example. Anyway, Go Rams, dont let the Giants catch you sleeping. Love ya Ram Brothers but sometimes you just make me SMH!
Thank you for this post and your honesty. When I hear older, white men complaining about 'woke culture' it just makes me realize how sheltered these people are. Walk around in the shoes of people who are seen by the dominate culture as 'others' for a month and then you might begin to know the power behind words, stereotypes, tropes and yes covert racism. When I hear someone say 'I don't have a racist bone in my body' I know they are not being real with themselves or anyone else.

Ramsfan08ny
Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:32 am

UtahRam wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 pm
Hey give me a thumbs up on my uniform post. I'm beginning to feel so alone.
Thumbs freaking up brother. Uniforms blow. Watching MNF you could see the current best uniforms in the league. The Colts White uniforms are great.

RGtheFirst
Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:27 am

fan since 65 wrote:
armyram wrote:
toast49 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:22 pm
Gruden is a good coach. I wouldn't give two cents for a woke loser. No man would be offended by what he said.
Really Toast, you have a right to say that? Some of you are tired of all this BUT will never understand because you are never put in the situation. I'm a 20 year Army Special Operations Veteran , 14 year Houston Police Officer and people still stereo type me because I'm 6'4, 250 lbs, have tattoos and yes, mainly because I'm Black. Yet, they dont realize if something was to happen where ever I'm at, I'm the least they have to worry about because I would be the one stepping up to protect their ass. I had the Police called on me because i was jumping rope in the park...suspicious activity, WTF??? Now if someone in my chain of command, whether military or police said something in such a way, I sure the hell would be offended. And I definitely wouldnt want to serve under that person. Now put it on the football field, as a Black player could you give your all to a coach that you know made racist comments or as a fan, spend money to support a team that allows a coach to stay on their staff. We all have our prejudices and stereo types, I know I do... but even my dumb uneducated ass knows what's right to say and what's not... if that dumbass Gruden feels strongly enough to blast it over emails, whether it's about race, gender, or whatever then he truly is stupid. I didnt say ignorant because ignorant is not knowing...stupid is knowing but not caring and the only reason he apologized is because he got exposed. But guess what, there are a thousand Grudens out there. If you dont think you would get offended then just substitute something or someone you care about, such as a male teacher sending emails referring to females as bitches and hoes, yet your daughter is in his class ...would that not bother you. Damn People, get out of your sheltered lives and see what others see, feel what others feel. Just because you are priviledged, meaning you have never experienced racism, doesn't mean it doesn,t exist. It truly gets tiresome to those of us trying to set the example. Anyway, Go Rams, dont let the Giants catch you sleeping. Love ya Ram Brothers but sometimes you just make me SMH!
Thank you for this post and your honesty. When I hear older, white men complaining about 'woke culture' it just makes me realize how sheltered these people are. Walk around in the shoes of people who are seen by the dominate culture as 'others' for a month and then you might begin to know the power behind words, stereotypes, tropes and yes covert racism. When I hear someone say 'I don't have a racist bone in my body' I know they are not being real with themselves or anyone else.
This is a touchy subject, but older white men… a little racist aren’t we, with that broad brush… it’s not just older white men that say that, I sense a bit of resentment there…

Bottom line, every race has its share of morons…

I am in a mixed marriage, I, we, witness racism, me from her side, her from my side…SO WHAT, consider the source and walk on…

As far as Gruden, that was a very dumb thing to post, I like Gruden, had no reason not to. I was surprised that he would say that…

Jack85Youngblood
Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:38 am

UtahRam wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 pm
Our uniforms still suck.
^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

Rams_Paris
Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:56 am

I think he is done with the NFL, either coaching or broadcasting
Sad...

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:19 am

I’m seeing more of the emails that Jon had sent.

Now, knowing all of this I have a few thoughts…

1. He is an absolute moron. Emails, just like photos … are forever. So he should be fired just for being an idiot.

2. I think a suspension or something like that would’ve sufficed. Being fired is super harsh imo

3. Every rapper the NFL has performing at the Super Bowl has more offensive lyrics than Jon Gruden had in his emails. How does the NFL reconcile the difference in treatment? These are questions all sports media would be asking if they were real journalists.

fan since 65
Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:07 pm

RGtheFirst wrote:
fan since 65 wrote:
armyram wrote:

This is a touchy subject, but older white men… a little racist aren’t we, with that broad brush… it’s not just older white men that say that, I sense a bit of resentment there…

I am in a mixed marriage, I, we, witness racism, me from her side, her from my side…SO WHAT, consider the source and walk on…

As far as Gruden, that was a very dumb thing to post, I like Gruden, had no reason not to. I was surprised that he would say that…
Open a dictionary you don't seem to have a clue of the meaning of racism or racist:
Definition of racism (Webster)
1: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:04 pm

fredgarv wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:55 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:23 pm
fredgarv wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:21 pm
OMG he insulted rodger godell, he mentioned the size of somebody's lips, he didn't want women to be referees. from 10 years ago. I just heard booger mcfarland say oh man we were just making progress with the whole "end racism" on the back of players helmets, now, john gruden comes out with this? ! it was 10 years ago, he didn't just "come out with it"

I'm totally 100% sure that whatever you think of him, he had great relationships with all of his black players, and they would all testify and come out for him, and support him as not being any kind of racist. yet they cant come forward and say anything like that because of today's culture. think of how many young black men he coached over the years, supported, made them into better players. on and on. yet because of a few private emails from 10 years ago he's gone, done. won't even be able to get another commentator job anywhere. at best he'll get a high school coaching job. he's toxic now because of this. his reputation is utterly ruined because he was grumpy and insulted some "communities" for using the F word or the P word.
Booger is a complete moron. loved the QB show he did and loved him in the booth.

I subscribed to espn+ just so I could see prime time with chris berman and tom jackson. the only remaining highlight show left that is any good or goes into any detail whatsoever on tv. then after one year, jackson decides "due to covid" he wasn't going to do prime time in 2020. booger took over. so this year I expected to see tom jackson back. but no, booger is still there. all he does is mum or hum "umm humm" whenever berman says anything. man I miss tom jackson! I looked it up and there is zero information about why he was not brought back. did he retire? did they like booger better? nothing just old articles.
hence one of the reasons their show has poor ratings. just wait until the Mannings come back. New best show in the NFL IMO.

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:07 pm

DMRamFan wrote:

1. He is an absolute moron. Emails, just like photos … are forever. So he should be fired just for being an idiot.

2. I think a suspension or something like that would’ve sufficed. Being fired is super harsh imo

3. Every rapper the NFL has performing at the Super Bowl has more offensive lyrics than Jon Gruden had in his emails. How does the NFL reconcile the difference in treatment? These are questions all sports media would be asking if they were real journalists.
he will never be on TV or work for a professional org again. You can not be the face of a franchise and write these awful things. it wasn't just a 1 time email either. It was over 7 yrs of one idiotic statement after another. Gruden is white let's not forget that and their is a double standard for sure. Bottom line he is a complete idiot for putting that crap in writing

FYI wait until they get a subpoena to look thru the WFT emails. that org will get blown up for sure

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:11 pm

fan since 65 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:07 pm
RGtheFirst wrote:
fan since 65 wrote:

Open a dictionary you don't seem to have a clue of the meaning of racism or racist:
Definition of racism (Webster)
1: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
was a TV Gruden fan, loved his QB show, but not a fan of his coaching. with that being said his emails are 100% unacceptable and he needed to go. I spoke up a couple of days ago about this but I was wrong after reading today all the crap he said. There is absolutely no room for this is America. Besides the fact that what he said was wrong about 80% of the league is black so how the hell do you get around that in the locker room?

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:17 am

ocram23 wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

he will never be on TV or work for a professional org again. You can not be the face of a franchise and write these awful things. it wasn't just a 1 time email either. It was over 7 yrs of one idiotic statement after another. Gruden is white let's not forget that and their is a double standard for sure. Bottom line he is a complete idiot for putting that crap in writing

FYI wait until they get a subpoena to look thru the WFT emails. that org will get blown up for sure
Now that even more has come out… WTH was he thinking? At first I thought it was a couple of stupid emails, but now they are showing it was years of stupid emails. God complex maybe? What an idiot.

FYI, I’ve changed my mind on this whole thing…he’s done and deserves to be done. I read some of the emails… my goodness. He really is that stupid.

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:17 am

DMRamFan wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:17 am
ocram23 wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

Now that even more has come out… WTH was he thinking? At first I thought it was a couple of stupid emails, but now they are showing it was years of stupid emails. God complex maybe? What an idiot.

FYI, I’ve changed my mind on this whole thing…he’s done and deserves to be done. I read some of the emails… my goodness. He really is that stupid.
feel the same way

clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:27 am

he will never be on TV or work for a professional org again. You can not be the face of a franchise and write these awful things. it wasn't just a 1 time email either. It was over 7 yrs of one idiotic statement after another
#########################
Show me these emails,,,,,?
They don't exist

• Information