Rams vs Lions...Remember the Jets?

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
TheLARamGuy
Starter

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:18 am

I read a lot of cocky talk here about how the Rams are going to crush the Lions. OK, so I'm a big Rams fan and like most of you I believe the Rams will win, but it may not be the cake walk that many of you are predicting. I liked Goff (I'm glad we traded for Stafford) but Goff is nowhere near as bad as what many of you are saying (Do you remember the shoot out with the Chiefs? And he did help us get to the Super Bowl). I have watched most of the Lions games this season and half the games could just as easily gone the other way. They almost beat the Ravens. They stood toe to toe with the Packers for the first half. Last weeks game their D looked very good. And how badly do you think Goff wants to beat the Rams...don't count out those X factors. The Lions are not going to bench Goff as they do not have a viable alternative. On paper it should be Rams 45. Lions 10, but remember on any given Sunday...to those who think we they are going to be a push over, cool your jets (no pun intended).

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 am

As a Rams fan since 1974 , I surely know better than to assume a win, against ANYBODY. I go into each game respecting the opponent and that includes the Jets last year.
Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.

Idaho_Ram
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:32 am

This is an excellent post. I agree with pretty much all of it - especially your thoughts on Goff. I have no disdain for the guy whatsoever, but can see the upgrade pretty clearly with Stafford. I have to believe that Goff, and his limitations, were a big part of why we struggled offensively vs. the Jets. McVay (and the whole offense) seems to have become more confident and aggressive with #9 back there. I HOPE we take care of business like we should...but it's no gimmie.

TheLARamGuy
Starter

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:52 am

Yes, like IdahoRam was saying it's easy to see the upgrade from Goff to Stafford. You can really see that experience counts for something. I think Stafford's biggest plus over Goff is Stafford knows when and when not to throw the ball.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:14 am

Jordan Fuller says Lions are better than their 0-6 record indicates.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/1 ... rd-week-7/

TheLARamGuy
Starter

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:44 am

I very much agree with Jordon Fuller

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:54 am

I agree with Fuller too. The lions almost beat the Ravens.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 am

Cornell29 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:54 am
I agree with Fuller too. The lions almost beat the Ravens.
And almost beat the Vikings. Rams should prepare as if the Lions are the Buccaneers. I swear if we wear our hideous all Blues and lose I'm going to lose it.
Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 am

I believe they also held the halftime lead against the Packers.

bigklein
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:33 am

Yes, Detroit has flashed at times but hasn’t been able to put together four (or even three) good quarters in a game. The Rams better not give them the chance to do so. Stranger things have happened…

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:48 am

Sorry, but we are going to obliterate the Lions. Its not a cocky thing. Its a numbers thing. BUT...this is the one game I will take full heat on being cocky with as well. Just is what it is.

There is not many (if ANY) positions on the field where the Lions stack up better. McVay is out to prove the decision he made in getting rid of Goff and bringing in Stafford... was the correct call and this will cement it imo.

Jets game last year, who was the one player that really blew it for us? May I give you all a hint.... He threw a PIC 6 to a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN. I can confidently say that I am extremely secure that I do not see our new QB doing this. We flat our crapped the bed last year, and yes... any given Sunday... but this Lions team is no better than our Practice Squad.

Mark my words... I Guarantee it. (as I am literally standing back from home plate pointing to exactly where my home run ball is about to go). Rams 45 Lions 17 (if even that for the Lions).

Boom. Done. Thanks for shopping. Championship teams dont lose to teams like this when we need to keep up w the Cards. Its one thing if the game didnt mean much, but EVERY game is important. The Cards show no signs of slowing down. And the RAMS know it.

Big Win come Sunday boys...

RamPower
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:16 am

Sure I remember the Jets game. That was the game where Sam Darnold outplayed Jared Goff :D

Rams are favored by over two TD's. That's a lot.

Does it mean teams always cover the point spread? Do the Rams always cover the spread? Of course not. So? Agree or disagree with the spread, place a bet.

I've seen a bit of the Lions this year, they seem do pile some points/yds in comeback attempts. Goff good in a hurry up vs. prevent defenses giving him too much room?

We know the Rams are a bend don't break defense, which favors Goff. We've also seen some nice pass rushing performances from our D-line, which definitely doesn't help Goff. The young LT Penei Sewell has struggled a little at times.

The Lions have had their share of bad luck at the end of games in some of their loses. But they've certainly also had a bit of good luck to even get into a position to steal those wins.

I agree with the spread (-15) regarding Rams vs. Lions.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:51 am

I believe the Rams will roll early and get up by three or four scores, then the Lions will score a few times in garbage time making the final score closer than it seems.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:07 am

DMRamFan wrote:
Sorry, but we are going to obliterate the Lions. Its not a cocky thing. Its a numbers thing. BUT...this is the one game I will take full heat on being cocky with as well. Just is what it is.

There is not many (if ANY) positions on the field where the Lions stack up better. McVay is out to prove the decision he made in getting rid of Goff and bringing in Stafford... was the correct call and this will cement it imo.

Jets game last year, who was the one player that really blew it for us? May I give you all a hint.... He threw a PIC 6 to a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN. I can confidently say that I am extremely secure that I do not see our new QB doing this. We flat our crapped the bed last year, and yes... any given Sunday... but this Lions team is no better than our Practice Squad.

Mark my words... I Guarantee it. (as I am literally standing back from home plate pointing to exactly where my home run ball is about to go). Rams 45 Lions 17 (if even that for the Lions).

Boom. Done. Thanks for shopping. Championship teams dont lose to teams like this when we need to keep up w the Cards. Its one thing if the game didnt mean much, but EVERY game is important. The Cards show no signs of slowing down. And the RAMS know it.

“ He threw a PIC 6 to a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN. ”

Wrong game. That was the Niners…………

RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer

I hope Goff is lights out and ALMOST beats us...but Stafford is better.
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:31 am

The Jets game was at Jets. Rams are home.
This has nothing to with that. The only compelling thing here is the over/under.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 am

clevelandrams wrote:
This has nothing to with that. The only compelling thing here is the over/under.
Jets game was at Jets, LOL

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:40 am

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:
Unreal LMAO!

Why should he care anyways. Wasn’t it a predetermined conspiracy game……….

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:44 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:40 am
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:
Unreal LMAO!

Why should he care anyways. Wasn’t it a predetermined conspiracy game……….
It WAS played in New York, it was piped into L.A. according to clevey. ..

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:51 am

NorCal RF wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

I stand corrected.

Correct, I know he did it more than once last year with a pic-6 to D-lineman, thought it was Jets game.

All this Goff PTSD makes me not think right.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:57 am

DMRamFan wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:51 am
NorCal RF wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

I stand corrected.

Correct, I know he did it more than once last year with a pic-6 to D-lineman, thought it was Jets game.

All this Goff PTSD makes me not think right.
He also threw a pick to a D-Lineman at Tampa.

Bulldawg
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:58 am

DMRamFan wrote:

I agree, I am taking the Rams and the 15 1/2 points. Stafford will be motivated and the Lions defense absolutely sucks. No way this is a let up game. The team knows this is a Stafford/Goff matchup whether they say it or not. The only way we don't cover the 15 1/2 is if Stafford and starters are sitting the 4Q out again and Lions get some trash points at the end.

RamPower
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:08 pm

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:
Yep. I thought it was nice of them to let us bring our field that day :D

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:14 pm

RamPower wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:08 pm
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:
Yep. I thought it was nice of them to let us bring our field that day :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :!:

ramdave1963
Veteran

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:18 pm

TheLARamGuy wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:18 am
I read a lot of cocky talk here about how the Rams are going to crush the Lions. OK, so I'm a big Rams fan and like most of you I believe the Rams will win, but it may not be the cake walk that many of you are predicting. I liked Goff (I'm glad we traded for Stafford) but Goff is nowhere near as bad as what many of you are saying (Do you remember the shoot out with the Chiefs? And he did help us get to the Super Bowl). I have watched most of the Lions games this season and half the games could just as easily gone the other way. They almost beat the Ravens. They stood toe to toe with the Packers for the first half. Last weeks game their D looked very good. And how badly do you think Goff wants to beat the Rams...don't count out those X factors. The Lions are not going to bench Goff as they do not have a viable alternative. On paper it should be Rams 45. Lions 10, but remember on any given Sunday...to those who think we they are going to be a push over, cool your jets (no pun intended).
Biggest difference Goff vs. Stafford.

• Information