Goff's butt-hurt media tour

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
idahoramfan
Pro-bowler

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:17 pm

Anyone getting sick of hearing how much Jared was hurt by the breakup? FFS.....you were making $134M dude! That guarantees you'll be rich...it doesn't guarantee you have a JOB as a starting quarterback for the Rams, though. If Lester had it to do over you surely wouldn't have gotten that jack to begin with. Perhaps COTY was disingenuous, but you need to get a grip, pal. It happens. Yes, the media is asking the questions, but how about just saying...."I've answered it. many times. Im here to talk about the game"??????

UplandRam
Site Admin

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:26 pm

Always hurts a bit when parents bring in a new babysitter:)

Raminec
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:07 pm

Goff got called out by his head coach after 6 games in Detroit. McVay made excuses for him from 2018 on until he finally had enough last year. Maybe McVay covered for him because the Rams had sunk a fortune into Goff but one can wonder why McVay didn’t turn to Wolford in the Miami game last year when Goff was really bad. The way things ended might have upset Goff because all of a sudden the Rams were down on him after somewhat protecting him for so long. As a Rams fan I was surprised at the way he was treated. Was it warranted? Probably, Goff had not performed any where close to the expectations. But why didn’t they try to light a fire under him sooner instead of coddling him? Maybe it would have motivated him. Probably not. Goff’s issues don’t seem to be talent but rather composure and confidence. I’m all in on Stafford but I don’t think that McVay or Snead handled the trade properly. Snead and McVay were part of the decision makers that gave Goff the big deal that cost the Rams two number 1 picks to get out of. We can easily blame Goff but both McVay and Snead were a big part of the problem as well.

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:15 pm

this story needs to go away. part of the business Goff. nobody is feeling sorry for you to man up and move on. play better or get the F out of the league

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Raminec wrote:
Goff got called out by his head coach after 6 games in Detroit. McVay made excuses for him from 2018 on until he finally had enough last year. Maybe McVay covered for him because the Rams had sunk a fortune into Goff but one can wonder why McVay didn’t turn to Wolford in the Miami game last year when Goff was really bad. The way things ended might have upset Goff because all of a sudden the Rams were down on him after somewhat protecting him for so long. As a Rams fan I was surprised at the way he was treated. Was it warranted? Probably, Goff had not performed any where close to the expectations. But why didn’t they try to light a fire under him sooner instead of coddling him? Maybe it would have motivated him. Probably not. Goff’s issues don’t seem to be talent but rather composure and confidence. I’m all in on Stafford but I don’t think that McVay or Snead handled the trade properly. Snead and McVay were part of the decision makers that gave Goff the big deal that cost the Rams two number 1 picks to get out of. We can easily blame Goff but both McVay and Snead were a big part of the problem as well.
Whole Rams Organization is at the origin of this blame. Drafting Goff over Wentz- Mistake
Trading up from 15 to 1 to take Goff- Mistake
Trading up from 15 to 1 simply for the fact that you're moving into a new market and you need "buzz," (oh, by the way, WHO are the Quarterbacks in this Draft?) -Mistake
Yes, Snead and McVay extended Goff- Mistake

I truly believe, judging by their comments after the Season, that McSnead were moving on from Goff even if it meant cutting him, eating a HUGE bill, and sucking for 2 years. Only with great fortune did not only Matthew Stafford swing available, but Brad Holmes (thank you very much Brad) was at the other end of this deal.

Jared is a rich man for life, with a hot girlfriend and living in mansions. No one needs to feel sorry for Jared. Just like Bradford, not great at Football, but impeccable timing.
Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:27 pm

Imo the big mistake wasn't drafting Wentz. The big mistakes was moving up to draft a qb instead of focusing more on Dak in the later rounds.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:36 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Imo the big mistake wasn't drafting Wentz. The big mistakes was moving up to draft a qb instead of focusing more on Dak in the later rounds.
Rams should have sat tight. Went 4-12 with Case Keenum. Made bold move for QB in '17 Drafting Mahomes or Watson on Merit, rather than Drafting a Quarterback in '16 based on Marketing.
Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:24 pm

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Cornell29 wrote:
Rams should have sat tight. Went 4-12 with Case Keenum. Made bold move for QB in '17 Drafting Mahomes or Watson on Merit, rather than Drafting a Quarterback in '16 based on Marketing.
just think of the trouble Watson would have gotten in playing in LA..

HellRam
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:42 pm

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Raminec wrote:
Whole Rams Organization is at the origin of this blame. Drafting Goff over Wentz- Mistake
Trading up from 15 to 1 simply for the fact that you're moving into a new market and you need "buzz," (oh, by the way, WHO are the Quarterbacks in this Draft?) -Mistake

I truly believe, judging by their comments after the Season, that McSnead were moving on from Goff even if it meant cutting him, eating a HUGE bill, and sucking for 2 years. Only with great fortune did not only Matthew Stafford swing available, but Brad Holmes (thank you very much Brad) was at the other end of this deal.

Jared is a rich man for life, with a hot girlfriend and living in mansions. No one needs to feel sorry for Jared. Just like Bradford, not great at Football, but impeccable timing.
Wentz is garbage. Let me know when he wins a playoff game will ya? What....he's even 2-4 with a Colts team that has a elite oline, top notch RB, solid defense and quality pass catchers. Hell even broken down Phillip Rivers took that team to the playoffs last year. Wentz played on a Eagles team that won the Superbowl with thier back up QB and SB MVP Foles.

If you think we should have drafted Wentz over Goff....well I'll leave it at that. Lol

RamPower
Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:54 pm

HellRam wrote:
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Raminec wrote:

Wentz is garbage. Let me know when he wins a playoff game will ya? What....he's even 2-4 with a Colts team that has a elite oline, top notch RB, solid defense and quality pass catchers. Hell even broken down Phillip Rivers took that team to the playoffs last year. Wentz played on a Eagles team that won the Superbowl with thier back up QB and SB MVP Foles.

If you think we should have drafted Wentz over Goff....well I'll leave it at that. Lol
Can't argue with that.

I think what McVay got out of Goff, esp. right after the Fisher horror show Goff went thru, shows what coach's potential is with QB's. Stafford is proving that once again.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:01 pm

If this game is getting in his head, like it’s some sort of redemption, all the better for the Rams. He needs to focus on executing their game plan. I want him trying to prove himself and pressing… we have all seen how that works out.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:47 am

HellRam wrote:
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Raminec wrote:

Wentz will be playing productive Football this year and for many years to come,,while Goff will be backup in a year and retired in 3. LOL

Rammer
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:50 am

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Cornell29 wrote:
The whole thing was a series of mistakes. 3 draft picks to get him, then deciding he is your man and giving him this huge contract and then 2 to get rid of him. I may sound like a Goff fan now compared to others but at the time.... Who knew at the draft but the new contract?... I didn't think he was worth the big contract. Once they made that decision, I felt like it was incumbent upon the coaches to make it work.

D-GenerationX
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:26 am

Totally disagree with taking Wentz over Goff.

I had a front row seat here for Carson's whole run in Philly. Other than the 13 games he played in 2017 before getting hurt, where to be fair, he was lights out...he's an average QB.

Don't let the memory cheat. It ended badly with Goff, but he was money in 2017 and 2018. Wasn't exactly bad in 2019. 2020 was not good.

Wentz in 2018 could not have done what Goff did. Wentz holds the ball too long, gets sucked into heroball and is hard to coach.
A Uniform Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down.

A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 am

D-GenerationX wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:26 am
Totally disagree with taking Wentz over Goff.

I had a front row seat here for Carson's whole run in Philly. Other than the 13 games he played in 2017 before getting hurt, where to be fair, he was lights out...he's an average QB.

Don't let the memory cheat. It ended badly with Goff, but he was money in 2017 and 2018. Wasn't exactly bad in 2019. 2020 was not good.

Wentz in 2018 could not have done what Goff did. Wentz holds the ball too long, gets sucked into heroball and is hard to coach.
Yeah. Exactly my point.

Wentz is an average Quarterback

And Goff is a Below average Quarterback

Thank You.

And how bout we grade them from this point on.

Wentz will easily outdo fading Goff

D-GenerationX
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:39 am

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Yeah. Exactly my point.

Thank You.

Neither player is relevant in the league going forward.

If you get all chubbed up making sure anyone within earshot knows you rank Wentz higher on that scale, you do you.

Both men will not be playing in January. So who gives a *** about comparing them in 2021 onwards?
A Uniform Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down.

A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:43 am

D-GenerationX wrote:
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Yeah. Exactly my point.

Thank You.

If you get all chubbed up making sure anyone within earshot knows you rank Wentz higher on that scale, you do you.

Both men will not be playing in January. So who gives a *** about comparing them in 2021 onwards?
Wentz remains in play in the NFL Landscape. Remains relevant in the 12-18 QB range. Will be a Playoff Quarterback in Indy this year or next. Goff is on his way out of the League. Hovering in the 26-32 range, desperately trying to hold onto 32 (starter level)

ESPN QB rankings currently have Goff 34th.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:45 am

There are times when I wish we could pull up this forum the night of January 20, 2019……….

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:46 am

NorCal RF wrote:
There are times when I wish we could pull up this forum the night of January 20, 2019……….
Yup. A loooooooong loooooooong time ago.

Ben Roethlisberger was good a while back too. How is that relevant now???

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:50 am

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

When we start talking “we should have drafted Wentz”……….

And those who say now? Wentz/Goff one really thinks it would be much different?

Stafford now the rest who gives a rat’s ass……

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:54 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:50 am
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

When we start talking “we should have drafted Wentz”……….

And those who say now? Wentz/Goff one really thinks it would be much different?

Stafford now the rest who gives a rat’s ass……
Well its beside the point, but yes, so glad and grateful to have Stafford.

We're just spitballing til game day.

HellRam
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:34 am

D-GenerationX wrote:
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Yeah. Exactly my point.

Thank You.

Exactly! Goff was great for us for a few years. If you need to prop freaking Carson Wentz and diss Goff I would question how much of a Rams you really are....

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:41 am

HellRam wrote:
D-GenerationX wrote:
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Yeah. Exactly my point.

Thank You.

Exactly! Goff was great for us for a few years. If you need to prop freaking Carson Wentz and diss Goff I would question how much of a Rams you really are....
Goff WAS great for us for a while. I've never denied that.

You can question my fandom, it's your right.

Not a big deal. Just think CW will have a better rest of career than JG.

HellRam
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:54 am

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
HellRam wrote:
D-GenerationX wrote:

Well....

If Goff continues to play for a dismanlted Lions team. You know the one all off-season some were bashing (rightfully so) as to why Stafford couldn't win. I'd imagine that might be true as well as Wentz playing on a team with a complete roster. In which he is still struggling on

I do find it funny though now we bash Goff for the Lions failure when all off-season the talking point was how bad DET is. Hell atleast Stafford had a HOF reciever and pro bowl recievers to throw to. Goff is playing with practice squad players, litteraly. So yeah I'd imagine his production is going to be pretty rough this year.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:00 pm

HellRam wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:54 am
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Well....

If Goff continues to play for a dismanlted Lions team. You know the one all off-season some were bashing (rightfully so) as to why Stafford couldn't win. I'd imagine that might be true as well as Wentz playing on a team with a complete roster. In which he is still struggling on

I do find it funny though now we bash Goff for the Lions failure when all off-season the talking point was how bad DET is. Hell atleast Stafford had a HOF reciever and pro bowl recievers to throw to. Goff is playing with practice squad players, litteraly. So yeah I'd imagine his production is going to be pretty rough this year.
That's fine. I EXPECT a rough year for Goff. I'm not gonna hold "Lions" against him. It is true though that his HEAD COACH has questioned him.

And Stafford definitely had "Lions" held against him at times. He never truly received "Top 10 Quarterback" status until he joined the Rams.

Nott a biggie. I've always personally been a Wentz fan and really wanted HIM when the trade up was made.

• Information