Jacob Harris to WR ?

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
Simdaddy
Veteran
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:26 am
Been thanked: 9 times
Contact:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:58 pm

If he truly runs a sub 4 40 then why not stop the TE charade and put him on the outside and let him run posts 7-10 times a game? He is a huge receiver who can fly. He wont bitch or moan about opportunity or snaps and he really is built to be a WR not a TE. Seems to me like it makes the most sense. Knows the offense already. Thoughts?

User avatar
bigklein
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2497
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:06 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Contact:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:27 pm

Interesting question, especially if Blanton is ready. (He had a nice block on the Woods td run.) And if Hopkins is not a bust.

User avatar
CierraRam
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:24 am
Location: Oregon
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Contact:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:35 pm

bigklein wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:27 pm
Interesting question, especially if Blanton is ready. (He had a nice block on the Woods td run.) And if Hopkins is not a bust.
I think Harris would be just that should VJ get hurt. Harris would be the only speed guy on the gameday roster at that point. It's his experience that is lacking. Certainly not his upside to be a draft steal.

Cornell29
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6744
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 226 times
Contact:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:41 pm

Simdaddy wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:58 pm
If he truly runs a sub 4 40 then why not stop the TE charade and put him on the outside and let him run posts 7-10 times a game? He is a huge receiver who can fly. He wont bitch or moan about opportunity or snaps and he really is built to be a WR not a TE. Seems to me like it makes the most sense. Knows the offense already. Thoughts?
What was his shuttle? Is he a good route runner? How his hips? :D
He can fly straight but not sure of how well his route running is.

User avatar
harkin
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7329
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 93 times
Contact:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:45 pm

We went from ‘when are DJax and Tutu going to get their shots?’ to ‘who’s going to step up as our #4 receiver?’ fairly quickly.

Hoping everyone stays healthy.

Simdaddy
Veteran
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:26 am
Been thanked: 9 times
Contact:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:50 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:41 pm
Simdaddy wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:58 pm
If he truly runs a sub 4 40 then why not stop the TE charade and put him on the outside and let him run posts 7-10 times a game? He is a huge receiver who can fly. He wont bitch or moan about opportunity or snaps and he really is built to be a WR not a TE. Seems to me like it makes the most sense. Knows the offense already. Thoughts?
What was his shuttle? Is he a good route runner? How his hips? :D
He can fly straight but not sure of how well his route running is.
He played WR is college and was good enough to get drafted in 4th round. All Im saying is our 2 speed guys ( sub 4 40s)are now gone and if we need a top off the defence guy he very well may be it. Im not sure we do to be honest because VJ can fly but that being said there sits the big fella. Why not?

Cornell29
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6744
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 226 times
Contact:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:52 pm

Simdaddy wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:50 pm
Cornell29 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:41 pm
Simdaddy wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:58 pm
If he truly runs a sub 4 40 then why not stop the TE charade and put him on the outside and let him run posts 7-10 times a game? He is a huge receiver who can fly. He wont bitch or moan about opportunity or snaps and he really is built to be a WR not a TE. Seems to me like it makes the most sense. Knows the offense already. Thoughts?
What was his shuttle? Is he a good route runner? How his hips? :D
He can fly straight but not sure of how well his route running is.
He played WR is college and was good enough to get drafted in 4th round. All Im saying is our 2 speed guys ( sub 4 40s)are now gone and if we need a top off the defence guy he very well may be it. Im not sure we do to be honest because VJ can fly but that being said there sits the big fella. Why not?
Understood. He probably could play wr, I was just asking how good of a route runner he was. I dont know.

User avatar
NN1Badboy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2314
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:51 am
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 29 times
Contact:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:40 pm

I’d take a big 4.4 guy over a tiny sub 4.4 guy any day of the week. We need someone who can go up and high point the ball in the red zone. This may be our guy.

malibu
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:39 pm

I agree with the OP. He is too light at 220 to be a TE.

User avatar
RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1492
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:14 am
Been thanked: 26 times
Contact:

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:26 am

Agree here- and we prob have no choice anyways. We are suddenly VERY thin at WR. Just hope the core 3 stay healthy. But mix this guy in and get him some reps to feel comfortable. There is a high probability 1 of our 3 gets injured. Just nature of the game and that position. And PLEASE no more returns for Kupp. I have NO IDEA who is gonna return kicks now, but throw in anybody who can catch with sure hands. If it has to be Kupp- then mandate fair catch or basically slide. Tutu is a big dissappointment.
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7206
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:31 am
Has thanked: 629 times
Been thanked: 161 times
Contact:

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Simdaddy wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:58 pm
If he truly runs a sub 4 40 then why not stop the TE charade and put him on the outside and let him run posts 7-10 times a game? He is a huge receiver who can fly. He wont bitch or moan about opportunity or snaps and he really is built to be a WR not a TE. Seems to me like it makes the most sense. Knows the offense already. Thoughts?
TE Jacob Harris is now a WR.

Sean McVay: Jacob Harris is playing WR for Rams, not TE
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/1 ... er-change/
Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.

User avatar
flv
Veteran
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:31 am
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:21 pm

In preseason he played as a slot WR. He was listed as a TE but he played 3-6 yards outside the tackle. That's not to say he can't be either a TE or outside WR, (but he's a big, fast, slot WR :wink: )

He's been on the game day roster for several games so the Rams must think he's ready to play. Hopkins is yet to be active on game days. Blanton has been used twice under the SEA rule allowing PS to active roster to PS without being waived. That is the maximum. If the Rams want him on game day they'll have to sign him to the active roster.

User avatar
bigklein
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2497
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:06 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Contact:

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:32 pm

I hope that they do sign Blanton to the active roster.

User avatar
Raminec
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3280
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Contact:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:08 pm

bigklein wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:32 pm
I hope that they do sign Blanton to the active roster.
https://ramblinfan.com/2021/10/30/unsex ... to-roster/

User avatar
bigklein
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2497
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:06 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Contact:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Thank you! Gosh, signed five days ago. Blanton, it seems, has paid his dues on the practice squad for awhile, and he has the potential to be a force.

Dontfaulkup28
Bench Warmer
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:11 pm
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:53 pm

As someone who actually knows Jake quite well, you will be surprised what you can do when given the shot. Check his film at UCF. He is not only extremely quick and burnt many (now pro) secondary guys, he also is great at high pointing a ball and bringing it down. I advise you to just watch some of his UCF film and you will see what he can do when given the shot. This may sound crazy but I truly wont be shocked if once Woods' contact ended if LA lets him walk and Van takes over for Woods and Jake takes over Van's spot.

Post Reply
  • Information