76%
No
24%

Total votes: 37
UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:46 am

Time for Morris to go? I think so.
Have someone in house step in and play press coverage, line up 7-8 fronts.
Could be worse. This defense is horribly soft.

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:47 am

not a good scene last night with Ramsey yelling at Morris on the sideline. McVay needs to straighten this *** out right now. Jalen is a diva we all know that but he needs to step up his play as well. everyone on this team needs to look in the mirror. AD needs to step up and be a leader in the locker room

UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:02 am

We have Chris Shula on staff. 7 Years experience, good football pedigree, has been a defensive coordinator before (college). From the way I see it, with the talent we have, can't get worse.
Play press coverage
Stack the box
Bench Reeder
Bench Rapp
Play two deep safeties
Keep Ramsey on the best receiver

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:04 am

ocram23 wrote:
not a good scene last night with Ramsey yelling at Morris on the sideline. McVay needs to straighten this *** out right now. Jalen is a diva we all know that but he needs to step up his play as well. everyone on this team needs to look in the mirror. AD needs to step up and be a leader in the locker room
What? Ramsey is a diva? Wtf? He needs to step up his play? Did you actually say that? He is the ONLY one in this defense that does NOT need to step up his play. He is performing as expected, like simply the best corner in this league.

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:14 am

brasilrams wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
What? Ramsey is a diva? Wtf? He needs to step up his play? Did you actually say that? He is the ONLY one in this defense that does NOT need to step up his play. He is performing as expected, like simply the best corner in this league.
never said he wasn't good but yes he is a Diva. Go watch the video from last night's game. I understand he is a stud but everyone on this team needs to step up their play including him.

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:26 am

ocram23 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
never said he wasn't good but yes he is a Diva. Go watch the video from last night's game. I understand he is a stud but everyone on this team needs to step up their play including him.
He is not GOOD . He is the best corner in the NFL BY FAR . He does not need to step up his play , everybody else needs ( including AD ) ,but he doesn't . And I am not sure the term " diva "applies to him , actually I am pretty sure it doesn't . He is a fierce competitor that cares about winning . I loved when he was yelling at our pathetic DC for putting the team in impossible spots with his STUPID scheme .
Last edited by brasilrams on Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:34 am

Never should of hired him. His scheme with this group of players is just bad. Staley showed last year what happens when Ramsey is allowed to blanket the entire game the other teams best receiver. Makes opposing QB have to hold ball longer which allows the pressure needed by our rushers to do their job.

Fire him now!

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:36 am

ocram23 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Ramsey is so much not the problem……..

I’d be pissed also if my DC didn’t know how to use me…….

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:37 am

brasilrams wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
100% this^

Hacksaw
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:46 am

Tough to fire a coordinator mid season and maintain any continuity. Are the playing good? NO ! We also believe we have enough talent to do better.
Now if the Rams define insanity and try to repeat this same style D again and get bounced, I might see his removal as more positive than a mid season disruption.

Fun facts:
Staley's current Charger defense ranks 24th in OPA. They were ranked 20th last year.
Morris's OPA (offensive points allowed) ranks 9th. That's down from last year when Staley had us ranked #2 in OPA. Not exactly an earth shattering slide though.
GO RAMS !!!
Way to GO DODGERS !!!
Way to GO LAKERS !!!

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF,,,,,,, WAS

UK Rams Fan
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:01 am

After seeing Ramsey and Morris go at it last night, the writings on the wall for the DC. He's obviously lost the confidence in the players with his cautious scheming.
I was rather hoping Ramsey sparked him out so someone more compitent could take over for the remainder of the game.

flv
Veteran

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:05 am

We're not going to change players or system at this point. The crowd call is "it can't possibly get worse". Well history shows that it can and often does. Expecting someone other than Morris to do better with Morris' system seems optimistic. We've just lost to 2 outlier NFL rushing offenses. We're built to succeed against pocket passer passing offenses. We've lost too much defensive talent over the last 2 years to be good at everything. When you're #1 the only way you can go is down.

I'm not defending Morris. I didn't like the hire and I don't like the system.

Hacksaw
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:14 am

Not going to likely can Morris. The Rams D needs to diversify some thouggh. Blitz more. Change up Ramsey's assignments. Adapt to the opponent. Staley did do that better for sure. As well as halftime adjustments.
GO RAMS !!!
Way to GO DODGERS !!!
Way to GO LAKERS !!!

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:36 am

UplandRam wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:02 am
We have Chris Shula on staff. 7 Years experience, good football pedigree, has been a defensive coordinator before (college). From the way I see it, with the talent we have, can't get worse.
Play press coverage
Stack the box
Bench Reeder
Bench Rapp
Play two deep safeties
Keep Ramsey on the best receiver
I'm not so sure you need to bench anybody. Are they being given the best chance to succeed?
Hard to tell who can do what with the leadership they "aren't" getting from the Coach.

I think you're right on the money... Remove the unqualified friend of the HC and implement a scheme tailored to assist your personnel's abilities.. The current scheme is one of reaction for the most part and relies on opposition lack of execution, mistakes and making a big play at the right moment... Garbage...

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:40 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:36 am
ocram23 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:

Ramsey is so much not the problem……..

I’d be pissed also if my DC didn’t know how to use me…….
he doesn't know how to use anyone . We lack some talent here and there on the defense but when you KNOW what the one dimensional offense is gonna do and you STILL can't put up a decent game plan to put your players in the best position to succeed it means you are REALLY bad at your job . Morris needs to go , NOW . BUUUUT I doubt mcvay will do it . DOUBT IT ! Hopefully he can prove me wrong and grow a PAIR and fire him

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:43 am

brasilrams wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:

He is not GOOD . He is the best corner in the NFL BY FAR . He does not need to step up his play , everybody else needs ( including AD ) ,but he doesn't . And I am not sure the term " diva "applies to him , actually I am pretty sure it doesn't . He is a fierce competitor that cares about winning . I loved when he was yelling at our pathetic DC for putting the team in impossible spots with his STUPID scheme .
Then they need to start using him like the best corner he is... because I never saw him on Samuel all night. The guy was 50% of their Offense, including numerous sweeps. Doubt he has the game he did with JR5 on him and maybe we make some plays when JG throws somewhere else like he would have had to.
The way they are using him reminds me of Mark Barron. No defined role, just roam.
He needs to be on the oppositions best WR every game.

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:50 am

Rampager66 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

Then they need to start using him like the best corner he is... because I never saw him on Samuel all night. The guy was 50% of their Offense, including numerous sweeps. Doubt he has the game he did with JR5 on him and maybe we make some plays when JG throws somewhere else like he would have had to.
The way they are using him reminds me of Mark Barron. No defined role, just roam.
100 % agree. Morris is an IDIOT ! My patience is running thin with mcvay . HE hired this idiot.

Yorkshire Ram
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 am

Morris was a bad hire. Said it at the time and stick by it. He has no real experience as a DC and employs a bend don't break defense that relies on splash plays by the elite players to succeed.

Only problem is we lack elite players on the D. Scheme away from the Donald's, Ramseys and Floyd's and the Reeders, Rapps, Rochells etc aren't going to make those momentum shifting plays you need.

It's dumb co-ordinating in my eyes. Morris is a ra ra guy who doesn't seem to be able to gameplan well or adjust in game.

I strongly doubt he'll get fired mid-season but we're seeing the Donald/Ramsey SB window closing all the time. I think Jalen sees that too.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:53 am

brasilrams wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:50 am
Rampager66 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:

100 % agree. Morris is an IDIOT ! My patience is running thin with mcvay . HE hired this idiot.
Mine too... :)

Hacksaw
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:12 pm

If McVay could lure Fangio here that would make me forget all about Morris. I know I'm not the only one who noticed the flaw in his scheme as far back as the season opener against Chicago.
GO RAMS !!!
Way to GO DODGERS !!!
Way to GO LAKERS !!!

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:20 pm

If this was Presidential poll... One side would have conceded already after these results.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Hacksaw wrote:
Tough to fire a coordinator mid season and maintain any continuity. Are the playing good? NO ! We also believe we have enough talent to do better.
Now if the Rams define insanity and try to repeat this same style D again and get bounced, I might see his removal as more positive than a mid season disruption.

Fun facts:
Staley's current Charger defense ranks 24th in OPA. They were ranked 20th last year.
Morris's OPA (offensive points allowed) ranks 9th. That's down from last year when Staley had us ranked #2 in OPA. Not exactly an earth shattering slide though.
Don’t care. Staley showed he knew what to do with this group of players. Could care less what he is doing with the Chargers.

Hacksaw
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:

Fun facts:
Don’t care. Staley showed he knew what to do with this group of players. Could care less what he is doing with the Chargers.
The part you didn't mention is where the current Rams are ranked. OK OPA is the total story, but it does show there is still some talent here and Staley wasn't the only reason we were good last year. JJ, Hill, and Brockers were losses which contributed to the decline, but there is hope for us yet. They'd probably do better to revert back to some of what Staley had going, , , if they can.
GO RAMS !!!
Way to GO DODGERS !!!
Way to GO LAKERS !!!

RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:37 pm

Look- we have Rochelle and Jones who are both rookies and not day 1 rookies. We cannot be the best at everything as someone said- but the DC just looks like he cannot see things and is more of a rah rah guy than a thinker. He should go. No need to bench anyone at this point- just need to move guys around and call a better game. I WOULD bench Reeder for Hollins if he comes back healthy. And I would keep Rapp in the box and cut out all these dink and dunks with those guys in the middle. CB have to cover.
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Hacksaw wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 pm
NorCal RF wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:

Fun facts:
The part you didn't mention is where the current Rams are ranked. OK OPA is the total story, but it does show there is still some talent here and Staley wasn't the only reason we were good last year. JJ, Hill, and Brockers were losses which contributed to the decline, but there is hope for us yet. They'd probably do better to revert back to some of what Staley had going, , , if they can.
And what also hasn’t been mentioned is those OPA rankings are do in large part of opponents played like NYG, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, no Wilson, in second half, Wentz went down…………….

Why do I have a feeling that ranking isn’t going to look so good after GB, AZ again, SF again, Balt, Minny………….. At least Morris will have JAX to help get that number up again…………

• Information