ANYTHING is on the table..

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
DMRamFan
Commissioner

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:18 pm

Yep. Anything is on the table at this point. We actually left a larger heaping dump on the field last night than we did against a (better than a niners team, the Titans). How is that even possible?

The reason why? I think it is becoming more evident...

I logged off early last night and turned the game off after the niners scored on what was it...4th and 7?.... and they not only converted AGAIN... they RAN it in for a TD! NUTS. Anyways, had to take some sleeping meds so I could calm down.... woke up early this a.m. and took the morning to work and also try and get that awful nightmare out of my brain from last night. So many things to address I cant even think of where to start. Football is hard. This is the NFL. Its never easy. We are now seeing how big some defensive departures were last season. Why we ran the ball 10 times last night is just beyond me... And the worse part... Hekker and Stafford were TWO of those 10 rushes.

Botton line for me...We just are not a physical, smash mouth football team. Just to finesse.

We have so many issues, from Hekker to our HC to our QB to our WEAK ILB play. Shoe string tackling usually doesnt work well, as we all witnessed last night. I betcha many of us woke up today like me thinking 'What IN THE HECK happened to us in the last two weeks? I mean I keep waiting to hear Rod Serling (from twilight zone for you younger guys who don't know who that is).

No reason for me to get into all the issues, for many have already discussed them in other threads. But honestly, I am going through the SEVEN not FIVe stages of grief. All SEVEN in the past 17 hours.

1. Schock and Denial (Check, Hit me about the first QTR)
2. Guilt and pain (Check, from the first QTR as well)
3. Anger and Bargaining (Check, I sat there last night pissed off and then started to debate my own comments. Like a crazy person out loud).
4. Depression (Check, this came just after the game)
5. The Upward Turn (Check, Woke up thinking there has to be an upside... and there will be. Right?!)
6. Reconstructing and Working Through (Sort of Check, I am in that process now)
7. Acceptance and Hope (Not even close to being there yet)

When we started this season and on a number of occasions I threw myself out there stating how much I was all in on this team. I havent been this excited since the '99-2002 seasons. Am I still there? Yes, but barely. Last nights GLARING GAPING HOLES really showed. Our Depth is an issue too. I also said in the beginning of the season, if we did not succeed, this could all be on Snead and McVay... although I do not think we are close to that yet... the thoughts are def crossing a lot of minds today. We want blood after last night. Why wouldnt we? We mortgaged our future a ton. BUT, we can be thankful for a couple things right now I think.... 1. We have NOT extended Stafford... yet. 2. OBJ and Von are also on one year deals. 3. When we lose some of these guys, COMP pics can help our draft a bit... No early pics, true... but I think we can manage around that... we have done ok thus far turning the draft upside down, right? Im not saying I want Staff, Von, OBJ gone... but I live in reality and I know we wont be able to afford all that PLUS putting other solid guys on the team.

I love our Rams. So many times in my life when life sucked... it was awesome to turn my brain off and sink myself into a Rams game for 3 1/2 hours a week. Even if we lost, it was fine. We have had a lot of those season havent we?.

The season is not over. Is the sky falling? Hmmmm ask me after the GB game. We need to get to work. Lots of jobs on the line. Shoot, Upland even started a poll if we should fire Morris... and last I checked, 98% of us want him gone. But for me, I do not have my finger on exactly what the issue is. I mean there are so many. We dont run. We continue to not adjusting on O and D. McVay gets in these spells of PASS PASS PASS and Morris gets in these spells of NO CHANGE NO CHANGE NO CHANGE. I dont get it.

If we can fix some of things... I think we beat GB and I think we win our Division. BUT if continue to stick w this bizarre offense (BTW, I think Stafford is injured. Some of those throws were so bad, it was bad. BUT, the one pic wasnt his fault, that was all on our butterfingers TE. LOTS of dropped balls last night too, but something is off w Staff). If we can make the adjustments needed, we can win. Rodgers LOVES to dink and dunk at times, this is where we need a TON of work. Need to get in Aarons head and *** him off. Own the clock. Establish a run for GOODNESS SAKES. I dont know. But, what I do know... if if we do not make the changes and adapt... WE could be in a lot of trouble.

Lastly and my most important point here... I still have faith. Is it wearing thin? Sure, but I still think we can turn this around. Hang in there guys. If we continue down this path w no adjustments, then I will start looking forward to the draft w some ok Comp pics next season. But, we are not there yet. Have faith Ramily. Have faith.... Only half way through the season...

toast49
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:23 pm

I think Stafford and McVay may not be a good mix. Stafford is staffordizing the offense. No running, shifts and motions to a minimum. I was talking about this before the season. Stafford likes a static offense before the snap. I think there is a reason the Lions never had a good running game with Stafford. He is choking big time in big games.

RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:43 pm

toast49 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:23 pm
I think Stafford and McVay may not be a good mix. Stafford is staffordizing the offense. No running, shifts and motions to a minimum. I was talking about this before the season. Stafford likes a static offense before the snap. I think there is a reason the Lions never had a good running game with Stafford. He is choking big time in big games.
I tend to agree with this. Hate the static line ups with no motion. Need to mix it up. Stafford is not the reason the Lions were not good. He is a good QB with a great arm. He has played like S^%$ the past 2 games. It does happen. He has to pull it together before it becomes a REAL pattern.
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:07 pm

Let's be completely honest here. Go back and look at the 1st half schedule. Great we are 7-3. How many teams did we play against with a winning record??? 3. How many of them did we beat? 1
This team is average and the 2nd half schedule is not easy. Furthermore we have not had a lot of injuries to key players like some of our opponents have.
Going to be a tough 2nd half IMO

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:11 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:07 pm
Let's be completely honest here. Go back and look at the 1st half schedule. Great we are 7-3. How many teams did we play against with a winning record??? 3. How many of them did we beat? 1
This team is average and the 2nd half schedule is not easy. Furthermore we have not had a lot of injuries to key players like some of our opponents have.
Going to be a tough 2nd half IMO
Well then, lets hold him to this...

• Information