Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Hacksaw wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 pm
NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:27 pm
Hacksaw wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:46 am
Tough to fire a coordinator mid season and maintain any continuity. Are the playing good? NO ! We also believe we have enough talent to do better.
Now if the Rams define insanity and try to repeat this same style D again and get bounced, I might see his removal as more positive than a mid season disruption.

Fun facts:
Staley's current Charger defense ranks 24th in OPA. They were ranked 20th last year.
Morris's OPA (offensive points allowed) ranks 9th. That's down from last year when Staley had us ranked #2 in OPA. Not exactly an earth shattering slide though.
Don’t care. Staley showed he knew what to do with this group of players. Could care less what he is doing with the Chargers.
The part you didn't mention is where the current Rams are ranked. OK OPA is the total story, but it does show there is still some talent here and Staley wasn't the only reason we were good last year. JJ, Hill, and Brockers were losses which contributed to the decline, but there is hope for us yet. They'd probably do better to revert back to some of what Staley had going, , , if they can.
And what also hasn’t been mentioned is those OPA rankings are do in large part of opponents played like NYG, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, no Wilson, in second half, Wentz went down…………….

Why do I have a feeling that ranking isn’t going to look so good after GB, AZ again, SF again, Balt, Minny………….. At least Morris will have JAX to help get that number up again…………

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:54 pm

RAMFAN71 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:37 pm
Look- we have Rochelle and Jones who are both rookies and not day 1 rookies. We cannot be the best at everything as someone said- but the DC just looks like he cannot see things and is more of a rah rah guy than a thinker. He should go. No need to bench anyone at this point- just need to move guys around and call a better game. I WOULD bench Reeder for Hollins if he comes back healthy. And I would keep Rapp in the box and cut out all these dink and dunks with those guys in the middle. CB have to cover.
Rapp is horrible. Big part of the problem………..

We call McVay stubborn, which he is, but then you have Morris who took over the #1 D and then decides to go away from things that were working. See Ramsey AGAIN. The entire point of getting Ramsey was to shut down one side of the field and neutralize the other teams best receiver. Then figure out how stop the rest of the other teams skill players with the rest of your D. And doing so caused the other teams QB to hold the ball too long. And it worked until this stubborn idiot arrived………….

Hacksaw
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:17 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 pm
Hacksaw wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 pm
NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Don’t care. Staley showed he knew what to do with this group of players. Could care less what he is doing with the Chargers.
The part you didn't mention is where the current Rams are ranked. OK OPA is the total story, but it does show there is still some talent here and Staley wasn't the only reason we were good last year. JJ, Hill, and Brockers were losses which contributed to the decline, but there is hope for us yet. They'd probably do better to revert back to some of what Staley had going, , , if they can.
And what also hasn’t been mentioned is those OPA rankings are do in large part of opponents played like NYG, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, no Wilson, in second half, Wentz went down…………….

Why do I have a feeling that ranking isn’t going to look so good after GB, AZ again, SF again, Balt, Minny………….. At least Morris will have JAX to help get that number up again…………
Thats true. Hope to hold the rankings but it just doesn't sound feasible.
GO RAMS !!!
Way to GO DODGERS !!!
Way to GO LAKERS !!!

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF,,,,,,, WAS

RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:30 pm

I just think Rapp is better used closer to the LOS. Speed and hits. Until we get the draft capital to find better options. He cannot cover deeper routes anyways, and Reeder cannot cover anyone.
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

RicoRamFan
Veteran

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:05 pm

The 2 ppl who voted no voted for Biden...

RUN TO WIN

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:39 pm

No to firing him until after the season. Desperate moves rarely work and just tell the players that management has lost confidence in the team. Some players will be happy and some pissed. Will sow division in a locker room that has its quota and then some of players noted for vocalizing their dissatisfaction. Besides, we're not getting a wholesale change in defensive philosophy at this point in the season. They need to stay the course, make some adjustments and raise their level of play.

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:41 pm

RicoRamFan wrote:
Maybe 2 out of 3 anyway. ;)

malibu
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:05 pm

A team doesn't regress this much on Defense from 1st to bottom third in the league without a major shift or massive Injuries.

We didn't have significant injuries so it can't be that. Yes we lost several starters in FA, but most of their replacements are fine minus the 3rd cb imo. Our backups had a year to sit last year and should naturally progress to a degree.

Morris have said over and over is the problem. We are 10 games deep and we are still no better on Run D. We play soft don't attack and most of all this year vs last year the D settles into one position until the snap of the ball. To me that telegraphs what or D is on that play. Last year we were in constant motion half the time offense had to try and figure who was rushing and who was blitzing. That D was similar to Belichicks D his front 7 hugs the line and maybe they drop back or maybe they rush it is similar to our Offense with all the motion it puts a little confusion in their minds for a second or 2.

Morris if not fired and replaced will drag this team down with him. We have a lot of talent and now with Von Miller potentially a rental for half a season we need someone that can maximize his skillet especially with Floyd and AD that line should scare everyone. To emphasize my point even further look at DWill last year he was killing it this year he is not making any plays he looks lost. Lastly the Run d against SF was atrocious.

FIRE MORRIS today.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.

harkin
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:01 pm

No way does McVay pull the plug on him, it would be the same as admitting a complete fail in this ‘all-in’ year.

That being said, props to everyone who pointed out this hire did not bode well.

Utah Rams Fan
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:34 pm

Better also consider an O/C because McVay is failing miserably at play calling.
Fan since 1969

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:45 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:54 pm
RAMFAN71 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:37 pm
Look- we have Rochelle and Jones who are both rookies and not day 1 rookies. We cannot be the best at everything as someone said- but the DC just looks like he cannot see things and is more of a rah rah guy than a thinker. He should go. No need to bench anyone at this point- just need to move guys around and call a better game. I WOULD bench Reeder for Hollins if he comes back healthy. And I would keep Rapp in the box and cut out all these dink and dunks with those guys in the middle. CB have to cover.
Rapp is horrible. Big part of the problem………..

We call McVay stubborn, which he is, but then you have Morris who took over the #1 D and then decides to go away from things that were working. See Ramsey AGAIN. The entire point of getting Ramsey was to shut down one side of the field and neutralize the other teams best receiver. Then figure out how stop the rest of the other teams skill players with the rest of your D. And doing so caused the other teams QB to hold the ball too long. And it worked until this stubborn idiot arrived………….
EXACTLY !

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:46 pm

RicoRamFan wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:51 pm

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:13 pm
Gotta love Ramsey . SOMEONE needs to get in this idiot's face and he is the one to do it . Since Mcvay won't do it , he did it . This should come from the HC not the player but since the HC just prefers to sit and watch the horror show his DC is putting on , the player had to do it . Way to go Ramsey . Maybe you can even have this idiot fired .

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:54 pm

harkin wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:01 pm
No way does McVay pull the plug on him, it would be the same as admitting a complete fail in this ‘all-in’ year.

That being said, props to everyone who pointed out this hire did not bode well.
Yup , he is not gonna do it . But you know what he CAN actually do ? . Implement his scheme and FORCE MOrris to stick to it. Take the power out of his hands because he is totally CLUELESS .

CierraRam
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:45 pm

Hacksaw wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:12 pm
If McVay could lure Fangio here that would make me forget all about Morris. I know I'm not the only one who noticed the flaw in his scheme as far back as the season opener against Chicago.
Fangio would have to be fired first..And he just might be... And absolutely yes I would run his butt down to run this defense. But that doesnt help the Rams this season and I am not sure what will. SJD is definitely missed in the middle of that line though, for starters. And I am not sure who is more qualified on this current staff to take over as DC should any of this topic happen.

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:56 pm

CierraRam wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:45 pm
Hacksaw wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:12 pm
If McVay could lure Fangio here that would make me forget all about Morris. I know I'm not the only one who noticed the flaw in his scheme as far back as the season opener against Chicago.
Fangio would have to be fired first..And he just might be... And absolutely yes I would run his butt down to run this defense. But that doesnt help the Rams this season and I am not sure what will. SJD is definitely missed in the middle of that line though, for starters. And I am not sure who is more qualified on this current staff to take over as DC should any of this topic happen.
I am beggining to think that anyone would do a better job than Morris - THE IDIOT .

Hacksaw
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:51 pm

And Fangio as our DC could help McVay teach the offense how to beat his defense..
GO RAMS !!!
Way to GO DODGERS !!!
Way to GO LAKERS !!!

Hacksaw
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:53 pm

I really think the rams need bigger guys..
GO RAMS !!!
Way to GO DODGERS !!!
Way to GO LAKERS !!!

NN1Badboy
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:29 pm

brasilrams wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:04 am
ocram23 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:47 am
not a good scene last night with Ramsey yelling at Morris on the sideline. McVay needs to straighten this *** out right now. Jalen is a diva we all know that but he needs to step up his play as well. everyone on this team needs to look in the mirror. AD needs to step up and be a leader in the locker room
What? Ramsey is a diva? Wtf? He needs to step up his play? Did you actually say that? He is the ONLY one in this defense that does NOT need to step up his play. He is performing as expected, like simply the best corner in this league.
No doubt about that. Ramsey has been playing his butt off all season. I don't know how people come up with this crap.

LARAMFAN52
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:06 am

It’s all falling apart now

Jalen is a diva,too many times he publicly acts this way when things don’t go his way

We need to get rid of him next offseason because he is turning into a cancer in this locker room

He’s dividing the locker room and causing a downward spiral

The Rams are caught in a downward spiral

A deathly darkly downward spiral that has no bottom,no end do the grizzly ,ever losing to the 49 ers and everyone else deathrattling 8-9 season that has gripped us in its downward gazing losing,losing eat,team ever assembled

Get rid of the whole coaching staff

Hire Bill Parcells as GM and let him bring in Joe Lombardi as HC

At least he’s got the right name

Couldn’t be any worse then Mini Martz

RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:12 am

LARAMFAN52 wrote:

Jalen is a diva,too many times he publicly acts this way when things don’t go his way

We need to get rid of him next offseason because he is turning into a cancer in this locker room

A deathly darkly downward spiral that has no bottom,no end do the grizzly ,ever losing to the 49 ers and everyone else deathrattling 8-9 season that has gripped us in its downward gazing losing,losing eat,team ever assembled

Dude...you are off the rails. Pump the brakes a bit. We are 7-3 and you are ready to fire literally everyone. Lions fans are more upbeat about their team than you. Lets see how they finish the season first ?
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:00 am

RAMFAN71 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:12 am
LARAMFAN52 wrote:

Dude...you are off the rails. Pump the brakes a bit. We are 7-3 and you are ready to fire literally everyone. Lions fans are more upbeat about their team than you. Lets see how they finish the season first ?
Personally I think he is just trolling with one goal of getting a rise from others……….

Not even worth responding…………

Rammer
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:22 am

I voted no. I don't like the midseason firing. Who do we get now, one of the assistants? That makes it better? McVay needs to step in a little and take a more active approach to defense.

toast49
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:55 am

Well if he's going to be fired it will be this week as Rams will gear up for the Packer game soon. If he's still around after this week then Morris is here for the season.

flv
Veteran

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:21 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:00 am
Personally I think he is just trolling with one goal of getting a rise from others……….

Not even worth responding…………
I'm glad i'm not the only person who feels that way about him. I should have put him on ignore before today.

• Information