7-3 at the bye

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Raminec
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:33 pm

Pretty good spot. All things considered. Yeah after starting 7-1 not what you would hope for but still in great position. The Titans loss was ugly but it was mostly due to the early turnovers. Niners loss was a beat down. Rams defense had difficulty getting off the field, couldn’t stop the run etc. Some here calling for McVay’s head. Many more calling for Morris to be fired. McVay has his faults. He abandoned the run to early in all 3 Rams losses but let’s not forget he’s the head coach that has lead this team to 50 victories over the past 4+ seasons. As for Morris the same defense under the genius Brandon Staley couldn’t get off the field against an Niners offense led by Nick Mullens and a bunch of scrubs last year. Niners have their number. The defense is by design meant to play with the lead. They fell behind big against two of the worst possible teams to get behind and they paid the price. Things looked rosy earlier in the season and everyone was talking super bowl and now the sky is falling. The bye week is going to help. Everything is still on the table for this Rams team. I know that’s not a popular position on this board so flame away. I’m going to take a couple weeks off from this board so don’t expect a response. The Rams were terrible yesterday. This Rams forum was actually much worse. Maybe the break will give some of the bandwagon fans an opportunity to jump ship. I still believe in this team. Cya

D-GenerationX
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Like many have said, look at Tampa last year.

Went into the bye last year getting housed by the Saints. Who always seem to rough them up.

Came back from the bye, rolled. Maybe that can be us.
A Uniform Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down.

A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

SoCalRam78
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:44 pm

7-3 is fine, but they've beaten who outside Tampa? Indy and a sub par Seattle team, and Indy shat on themselves that game or that was an L. Very surprised they've been blown out 3 x. The losses weren't even competitive in the second half and were downright embarrassing. Yes, they've won some games versus very bad teams, good for them.

First time since he's been there I can see the potential exit for McMartz. Guy's play calling fools no one with a clue, he's become stubborn and one dimensional, and his teams are now getting blown out. He got his QB and the FO "trusted" him (his words).

I was all in, but HellRam and Toast who are now more sunshine pumping than me were correct. We look like the same second tier contender we were in 2020.

Also maybe Wooderson from dazed and Confused can pump the brakes and stop destroying our drafts every year chasing vets. There are actually seasons to be played outside this one.

Also one other thing, SF f'ing sucks. They beat Detroit, Philly and Chicago and were blown out by Arizona with Colt McCoy. We go in there Woods or not and get destroyed? At least Ten is good.
Last edited by SoCalRam78 on Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan since 80s

Rammer
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:45 pm

I've been a harsh critic of the "moves". I think too many outside stars added to the mix is a bad thing in football.. And It's not just losing, it's the way they have lost the last 2 games. Especially last night, They were embarrassed a week ago, got manhandled. They knew what was coming against the Niners yet they were seemed powerless to stop it. Two straight weeks of getting manhandled by similar teams. So this is troubling. ....... All that being said, though, they really aren't in a bad spot record wise. I don't know if they have it in them but they can turn this around and make this a midseason hiccup. It's time to man up.

unclesams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:07 pm

Raminec wrote:
Pretty good spot. All things considered. Yeah after starting 7-1 not what you would hope for but still in great position. The Titans loss was ugly but it was mostly due to the early turnovers. Niners loss was a beat down. Rams defense had difficulty getting off the field, couldn’t stop the run etc. Some here calling for McVay’s head. Many more calling for Morris to be fired. McVay has his faults. He abandoned the run to early in all 3 Rams losses but let’s not forget he’s the head coach that has lead this team to 50 victories over the past 4+ seasons. As for Morris the same defense under the genius Brandon Staley couldn’t get off the field against an Niners offense led by Nick Mullens and a bunch of scrubs last year. Niners have their number. The defense is by design meant to play with the lead. They fell behind big against two of the worst possible teams to get behind and they paid the price. Things looked rosy earlier in the season and everyone was talking super bowl and now the sky is falling. The bye week is going to help. Everything is still on the table for this Rams team. I know that’s not a popular position on this board so flame away. I’m going to take a couple weeks off from this board so don’t expect a response. The Rams were terrible yesterday. This Rams forum was actually much worse. Maybe the break will give some of the bandwagon fans an opportunity to jump ship. I still believe in this team. Cya

Well said my friend!! Rams will be fine. We are 7 - 3 and people are on here bitching like we are 3 - 7. I've been a Rams fan for 44 years now and I'm holding my course with the team and that won't change. I too am taking a couple weeks off from the board and I'll be right back for the Packers and we will revenge that playoff loss last year and win that game. Hopefully all the people complaining and jumping ship will stay away once we get back on track and thump the Packers

bremillard
Bench Warmer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:19 pm

Really? If what you have seen this year has to be explained to you then you may also need the break. They barely beat the Lions and lost track of time against Houston. Indy should have got them. Then there's the last two losses on national prime time. Where's their pride? This team is in serious turmoil and now we'll see if there is any leadership left in Inglewood.

Commish
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:02 pm

Raminec wrote:

The Rams were terrible yesterday.
I agree with this perspective, nothing more needs to be said.

Well, at least nobody can call our team "overrated" anymore, since no one now believes that the Rams are any good in a physical game... :( :? :roll:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Utah Rams Fan
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:09 pm

Raminec wrote:
Homer all that you want, but McVay refusing to have a running game will result in a 8-9 season. The all pass offense can work against mediocre teams as it has. But will not work against any team with a decent D. Unless he changes his egotistical ways and uses his running game, the team might win 1 more game.
Fan since 1969

Claremontram
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:37 pm

I'm not convinced this team can "man up." That's not the way they are built or wired. We are a finesse
offense; no ground and pound running machine. We have fragile RBs who are not built to get hammered 25+ times per game. No slobber-knocking TE who is hard to bring down. And a hit or miss oline that can't create holes for the RBs. Jefferson drops 2 or 3 passes per game.

Defense can not stop opposing ground games or the short passes over our middle. Our pass rush is not imposing.
STs punt and kick off returns are pedestrian at best. Team needs a make over during the next 2 weeks. Green Bay will be licking their chops.

bremillard
Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:37 am

Maybe people in the organization thought this could be "The Greatest Show On Turf" 2? Maybe we fans thought the same thing? I know that I did. Maybe that kind of offense is obsolete in the present day NFL? Nobody expected the defense to fall off as it has. The result of all of these maybes is a team that's soft, can beat weak teams but not strong, playoff type teams and the "all in" mindset of the Rams management has left the Rams depleted moving forward. If this doesn't change soon expect 1/2 of the seats at Sofi to be empty for the foreseeable future. Damn...I never saw any of this coming but judging by the Dodgers and the Lakers performance of late maybe I should have.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:40 am

bremillard wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:37 am
Maybe people in the organization thought this could be "The Greatest Show On Turf" 2? Maybe we fans thought the same thing? I know that I did.
I sure did. I mentioned this a couple times. Did they have us fooled Brem?

Still a lot of games left.

I have some hope we can come back from this... and if we dont... might be a lot of new faces on the sideline next season. and I mean a TON of new faces.

Rammo
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:36 pm

We will win plenty of games this season but if we don't figure out how to run the ball, stop the run and shut down teams on third down we will not win the Super Bowl or even probably one playoff game. we have made some crappy teams look good on offense with this lame defensive alignment/strategy and they better get the kinks worked out during the bye week or this will not be a magical season like many of us expected-don't make me angry McVay you won't like me when I'm angry.......Hulk smash

RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:53 pm

Ramswire just put out the 6 adjustments we need to make after the bye. It's like they just read this forum and took notes. Exactly what most of us have said again and again.....I mean exactly.
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:03 pm

RAMFAN71 wrote:
Ramswire just put out the 6 adjustments we need to make after the bye. It's like they just read this forum and took notes. Exactly what most of us have said again and again.....I mean exactly.
I’m telling you, we’re trend setters here 71!

😜😚

UplandRam
Site Admin

Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:31 pm

RAMFAN71 wrote:
Guys, the Rams organization DOES read this forum. That is a fact. Maybe not every day, but they do. Ramswire? Not sure, never heard from them to know for certain.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:31 pm

UplandRam wrote:
RAMFAN71 wrote:
Guys, the Rams organization DOES read this forum. That is a fact. Maybe not every day, but they do. Ramswire? Not sure, never heard from them to know for certain.
Let’s cross our fingers that they are paying attention to how much we all love the new uniforms and helmets…🤞🏼🤢🤮

flv
Veteran

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Saying we abandoned the run too early against the 49ers is lazy, box-score analysis.

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:16 pm

Everybody that is not a blind homer is a bandwagon fan . LOL . Makes a lot of sense .

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:45 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:31 pm
UplandRam wrote:
RAMFAN71 wrote:
Let’s cross our fingers that they are paying attention to how much we all love the new uniforms and helmets…🤞🏼🤢🤮
And how much we Love Morris :roll: :roll: :roll:

UK Rams Fan
Hall of Famer

Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:40 am

Is McVay scared of Henderson getting hurt before we really do need his abilities in the playoffs..? Shortsightedness if you ask me.
I'd love to be in the press box and be the one to ask him why he doesn't utilize such a physical back more in games. Unfortunately, I have a feeling I already know the all too familiar kind of stuck record answer that will come back at me.

The bottom line is... If Hendo is not actually used more between now and January.. there's a distinct possibility we may not even make the playoffs. Our remaining schedule is no walk in the park.

RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer

Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:10 am

Yeah- I doubt thats what his plan is. Cannot save a guy midway thru season for a playoff game you may not even make.

1 this guy said was to stop using the empty backfield shotgun so much. The stats point to that being less effective. I tend to agree and I know I always get nervous watching that line up. Drives me crazy actually because it just looks so predictable. Was looking forward to seeing Kupp, Woods, VJ, OBJ once in a while- but that's all gone now. Stick to play action.
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

Ramsfan08ny
Hall of Famer

Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:13 am

SoCalRam78 wrote:
7-3 is fine, but they've beaten who outside Tampa? Indy and a sub par Seattle team, and Indy shat on themselves that game or that was an L. Very surprised they've been blown out 3 x. The losses weren't even competitive in the second half and were downright embarrassing. Yes, they've won some games versus very bad teams, good for them.

First time since he's been there I can see the potential exit for McMartz. Guy's play calling fools no one with a clue, he's become stubborn and one dimensional, and his teams are now getting blown out. He got his QB and the FO "trusted" him (his words).

I was all in, but HellRam and Toast who are now more sunshine pumping than me were correct. We look like the same second tier contender we were in 2020.

Also maybe Wooderson from dazed and Confused can pump the brakes and stop destroying our drafts every year chasing vets. There are actually seasons to be played outside this one.

Also one other thing, SF f'ing sucks. They beat Detroit, Philly and Chicago and were blown out by Arizona with Colt McCoy. We go in there Woods or not and get destroyed? At least Ten is good.
The "who have the best" thing can be said for all teams. It's a weird year with lots of parity . Take Arizona. The only team they beat this is is Tennessee. The only team GB beat this year is Arizona. Doesn't look to be a true power house out there. Every team has had their pathetic weeks. More so than ever, it's going to come down to who got hot, and was healthy come playoff time.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:31 am

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:13 am
SoCalRam78 wrote:

The "who have the best" thing can be said for all teams. It's a weird year with lots of parity . Take Arizona. The only team they beat this is is Tennessee. The only team GB beat this year is Arizona. Doesn't look to be a true power house out there. Every team has had their pathetic weeks. More so than ever, it's going to come down to who got hot, and was healthy come playoff time.
This^^^. That's the Bottom Line

We are in this thing as much as anybody.

Even WITH the consecutive Horseshit outings.
Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.

• Information