Sean McVay explains Rams' puzzling usage of Jalen Ramsey vs. 49ers

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:17 pm

RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:25 pm

Ridiculous. I just posted this stupidity on another thread. Deayon. Yup. We gotta get him back.

How about....Morris is a fool.
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:27 pm

If McVay agrees with Morris on this, then he is a fool as well! Pisses me off!

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:28 pm

This just does not compute or make much sense. I am dumbfounded actually.

It makes me ask so many more questions...

RicoRamFan
Veteran

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:35 pm

I heard Jen Psaki will be handling postgame pressers from here on...

RUN TO WIN

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:42 pm

Everyone who has replied is correct. Just a dumb bleep explanation by McVay……

Sean you do realize when the savior Deayon was healthy your idiot DC still was not singling up Ramsey on the other teams best receiver…………

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:51 pm

So if we are hearing you correctly Sean your other cover guys could not cover Aiyuk, who has struggled the entire season, and Jennings who has been on the PS squad and who just last night replaced an injured Sanu………..

Damn skilled group you have their coach. Good luck when GB has you covering Cobb, Valdes-Scantling, Lazard………….

Oh we know you have no chance covering a TE………………

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:55 pm

“If they were to keep him on one side of the field, McVay says the opponent can just target the other side and avoid throwing Ramsey’s way.”

And this is a bad thing! Hmm taking out Samuel, Adams, etc…….. Nah let’s not do that!

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:14 pm

This is actually VERY difficult to read this. If THIS really is what the plan is, then this is totally asinine. Yes, Sean, WE DO want him to take 1/2 the field away. Can't believe he actually is saying this. Maybe Sean isn't nearly as smart as we have thought. Man!!... let's makes me think we are doomed defensively. Maybe he is OVERTHINKING everything. I am actually shocked at his logic.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:26 pm

UplandRam wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:14 pm
This is actually VERY difficult to read this. If THIS really is what the plan is, then this is totally asinine. Yes, Sean, WE DO want him to take 1/2 the field away. Can't believe he actually is saying this. Maybe Sean isn't nearly as smart as we have thought. Man!!... let's makes me think we are doomed defensively. Maybe he is OVERTHINKING everything. I am actually shocked at his logic.
Agree! Agree! Agree!

Blitz Rapp in packages Sean if there is such a great need from the secondary. Lord knows he can’t cover anyone………

Doesn’t say much about Floyd, Lewis, OBO, etc in getting to the QB if you listen to McVay. One thought they were doing fine. If it continues remind me again Sean why you traded for Miller………..

He needs to be blistered for these comments. I heard he was today a bit nationally. He needs to be also roasted by SoCal media and fans over these comments today………..

Absolutely correct upland asinine!

UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:37 pm

BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Coaching staff is going to lose the locker room if they haven't already.

RAMFAN71
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:52 pm

Now you all get it! Well...us all. Keep Rapp in the box. If you wanna blitz? Use Rapp or Fuller. Play it STRONG up front and yeah.... secondary has to cover guys. This is what we did last year. Drop back/ blitz everyone...whatever. But make them guess and keep JR where he's needed. And DW. We now have Von to help, Obo, hopefully Hollins soon. Line up strong and drop back if needed.
"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:58 pm

RicoRamFan wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:35 pm
I heard Jen Psaki will be handling postgame pressers from here on...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Im sorry... but thats hilarious.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:04 pm

UplandRam wrote:
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Whats even harder about watching this... is all the other tweets that show up under it. 49ers just having a field day. Im sick of hearing from my niner friends. Literally put those text threads on mute.

Morris is in trouble. Once this starts happening, it usually doesn't end well for someone... and I dont think Ramsey will be on the short end of that stick. We have a lot of strong headed players, some even call divas... and once they start going this direction, things can take a turn for the worse. Its almost like a cancer. We cannot let this spread. I honestly think Morris could be on the outside looking in. NO ONE can be thrilled about his D. You cannot have that much talent and give up those kinds of yards and points to a 3-5 team....Or any team at that.

Just cant do it.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:12 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
UplandRam wrote:
BrooklynRam74 wrote:
Whats even harder about watching this... is all the other tweets that show up under it. 49ers just having a field day. Im sick of hearing from my niner friends. Literally put those text threads on mute.

Morris is in trouble. Once this starts happening, it usually doesn't end well for someone... and I dont think Ramsey will be on the short end of that stick. We have a lot of strong headed players, some even call divas... and once they start going this direction, things can take a turn for the worse. Its almost like a cancer. We cannot let this spread. I honestly think Morris could be on the outside looking in. NO ONE can be thrilled about his D. You cannot have that much talent and give up those kinds of yards and points to a 3-5 team....Or any team at that.

Just cant do it.
People always want to complain about players who can be a disruptive force. Well, coaches can be as well. One bad hire in a place of management and control can totally disrupt the entire team chemistry. I noticed a few defensive players last night sitting on the bench last night… after the game was decided. Basically, had the look of “who cares”, we can’t win with Morris running the defense. Players WILL quit on the team if they are forced to play within a system that obviously doesn’t gel.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:37 pm

I’m not corned about McVay losing the locker room.at all……..

Donald, Ramsey, and Floyd are the ones to watch in regards to Morris………….

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Mcvay is slowly losing my respect DAY after DAY . By the time this season ends , he might have lost ALL OF IT . I can't believe I read that .

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:52 pm

UplandRam wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:12 pm
DMRamFan wrote:
UplandRam wrote:

Just cant do it.
People always want to complain about players who can be a disruptive force. Well, coaches can be as well. One bad hire in a place of management and control can totally disrupt the entire team chemistry. I noticed a few defensive players last night sitting on the bench last night… after the game was decided. Basically, had the look of “who cares”, we can’t win with Morris running the defense. Players WILL quit on the team if they are forced to play within a system that obviously doesn’t gel.
EXACTLY !! They just GIVE up when they don't believe in their leader . MORRIS NEEDS TO GO ! NOW !

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:45 pm

brasilrams wrote:
Mcvay is slowly losing my respect DAY after DAY . By the time this season ends , he might have lost ALL OF IT . I can't believe I read that .
No disrespect but losing your respect, or mine for that matter, 100% doesn’t matter…………

As stated last night, with you agreeing, if McVay became available he would have half the league trying to hire him for the same position. Probably closer to 75%.

McVay isn’t going anywhere. Mute discussion…………..

HellRam
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:29 pm

I think McVay is a awsome coach. I've always stated such. But most were afraid to call him out when he fails. Well HellRam was never that dude.

I still like our chances this year. But I find it hilarious that all posters who gave me *** for calling a spade a spade are now all of the sudden upset with McVay.

Oh the irony....

Go Rams!!!

Don't lose faith we'll be alright....

UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:30 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
brasilrams wrote:
No disrespect but losing your respect, or mine for that matter, 100% doesn’t matter…………

As stated last night, with you agreeing, if McVay became available he would have half the league trying to hire him for the same position. Probably closer to 75%.

I don’t recall anyone calling for McVay to be fired, Morris yes. Not McVay… at least not yet.

brasilrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:49 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
brasilrams wrote:

100 % agree. We can only hope that someone that he respects actually can change his mind about a FEW things like sticking to the run when it is working and changing the defensive scheme

Truth
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:54 am

McVay has done this with Ramsey his whole time here. He never assigns him 1 guy to man up on, instead he wants to deploy him in a variety of areas so the defense doesn’t get comfortable with him being on just 1 guy.

LARAMFAN52
Hall of Famer

Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:44 am

Sean Mcvay is an idiot and must go

This team will never win with him because he’s one dimensional

Can’t seem to grasp the idea of balance

Evidently never watches Green Bay film,they have a helluva running game and a kinda good passing game,and they will be in Sofi this coming February defeating whoever the AFC throws in

Mark my words

• Information