Winning time Lakers show

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Lakers

Moderator: UplandRam

Ramman2999
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Winning time Lakers show

Post by Ramman2999 »

I’m really excited about the new HBO show Winning time rise of the L.A. Lakers dynasty

Jeff Pearlman is behind it. It’s based off of Jeff Pearlmans book Showtime.

How many of you in here have read the book?

As an L.A. native this really resonates with me. It does have a Rams tie in cause i really feel like Stan Kronkie is a visionary and has created showtime on the football field in Inglewood at the palace we call Sofi.

The team is entertaining plays showtime fast with Odell and Kupp and has a magic in Stafford who’s the conductor with no look throws.

Being at Sofi it had a showtime feel with the celebs. And I think Mr.Kronkie is a visionary with what he saw and has done with football on that big stage in L.A. he gets the best players and they win.

I see Sean Mcvay is like a Pat Riley.

Well I wanna see Magic Johnson that story how he came out here from Michigan his dynamic with Jerry buss his dynamic with Kareem Abdul Jabbar and the whole behind the scenes looks like a great watch. I was around the Kobe and Shaq team not so much these guys.

Please come in here and share your thoughts any memories or first hand stories you have about those teams showtime Lakers in the 80s? I’m pretty sure ED Eric Dickerson went to some games.

Met Magic and Worthy a couple of times. Great guys champion guys. Walked by Kareem in a hallway he said hello didn’t want to get him in Conversation if you know Kareem.

It’s all L.A. so Rams got some good Lakers in this show. I’m pumped to see it.

From what I’m hearing Magic and Jeanie aren’t too happy about it.

NJRamfan1
Special Teams Player
Special Teams Player

Re: Off topic/Winning time Lakers show

Post by NJRamfan1 »

Ramman2999 wrote: March 5th, 2022, 5:37 pm Hey y’all off topic

I’m really excited about the new HBO show Winning time rise of the L.A. Lakers dynasty

As an L.A. native this really resonates with me. It does have a Rams tie in cause i really feel like Stan Kronkie is a visionary and has created showtime on the football field in Inglewood at the palace we call Sofi.

The team is entertaining plays showtime fast with Odell and Kupp and has a magic in Stafford who’s the conductor with no look throws.

Being at Sofi it had a showtime feel with the celebs. And I think Mr.Kronkie is a visionary with what he saw and has done with football on that big stage in L.A. he gets the best players and they win.

Well I wanna see Magic Johnson that story how he came out here from Michigan his dynamic with Jerry buss his dynamic with Kareem Abdul Jabbar and the whole behind the scenes looks like a great watch. I was around the Kobe and Shaq team not so much these guys.

Please come in here and share your thoughts any memories or first hand stories you have about those teams showtime Lakers in the 80s? I’m pretty sure ED Eric Dickerson went to some games.

Met Magic and Worthy a couple of times. Great guys champion guys. Walked by Kareem in a hallway he said hello didn’t want to get him in Conversation if you know Kareem.

The book about this years loser team will be more like a pamphlet. Double spaced.

ocram23
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Re: Winning time Lakers show

Post by ocram23 »

Ramman2999 wrote: March 5th, 2022, 5:37 pm I’m really excited about the new HBO show Winning time rise of the L.A. Lakers dynasty

well I am watching it and so far there have been 2 shows. I have enjoyed it. But damn do they do ABSOLUTELY ZERO FAVORS to the portrayal of Jerry West. Holy crap he has to be just livid about this. I think the portrayal of Dr Buss is spot on. I know someone who used to work for him and the stories are unreal.
So far the portrayal of Magic and been spot on.
But also the portrayal of Kareem has not been positive for him at all. But he was an ass in real life so not surprised by this.

RicoRamFan

Post by RicoRamFan »

I love it and all involved, yes it's not factual but it is VERY entertaining.
Watching ep. 3 right now!

Ramman2999
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Ramman2999 »

Love it love the storylines I wanna see more of the real stuff the drugs. Just being real there we’re a lot of drugs around them and women. Keep it real. Thought the pilot was the most real the Sterling partie blow and blondes that was authentic keep it up. Good stuff I wanna see more of the forum club stuff.

Ramman2999
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Ramman2999 »

And that is a horrible portrayal of Jerry West he was a smart guy visionary. They make him look like a moron.

RicoRamFan

Post by RicoRamFan »

I love where the show is going. I am no Lakers fan but I remember their epic duels with the Celtics and Episode 7- "Invisible Man" was TERRIFIC.
I hate all things Bah-stan so I loved this. Nasty, racist town to this DAY.

Some of these depictions may not be flattering, but it IS a drama with comic undertones. Most of the players involved DON'T like it which tells me there's more truth to it than they would prefer :lol:

Seems West is NOT liking his portrayal:

https://nypost.com/2022/04/20/jerry-wes ... portrayal/

RicoRamFan

Post by RicoRamFan »

Ep. 8- "California Dreaming' totally acquits the portrayal of Jerry West.

I love how each episode is better because the characters are DEEP.

Might be Adam McKay's best work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ramman2999
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Ramman2999 »

Agreed I thought the Jerry West speech to Magic Johnson was epic typical Jerry West hyping his stars up motivating them. That same speech was to Kobe and Shaq. It’s what the organization has missed since he left. No one to light a fire under them. I think that was the best they did telling who Jerry actually was.

Hacksaw
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Hacksaw »

And the Lakers said no when he wanted to come back.

Great casting, decent acting. Besides Jerry West they didn't do coach Westhead any favors either.

Way to GO RAMS !!!
GO DODGERS !!!
GO LAKERS !!!

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF,,,,,,, WAS

Los Angeles Rams 2022 Schedule
Day Date Opp Get Tickets
Thu September 8 Details Tickets
Sun September 18 Details Tickets
Sun September 25 Details @ Tickets
Mon October 3 Details @ Tickets
Sun October 9 Details Tickets
Sun October 16 Details Tickets