Cry-Babies with Pitch Forks

Discussion On The Los Angeles Rams

Moderator: UplandRam

Safety Blitz
Pro Bowl Player
Pro Bowl Player

Cry-Babies with Pitch Forks

Post by Safety Blitz »

There's not a single soul on this forum who knows one millionth of what Sean knows about the problems and needed solutions of the Rams. Is he a perfect being? No. Is he the guy who won a Superbowl and turned around a disastrous franchise the moment he took over? Yes.

No doubt Sean will make changes to get us back on track in 2023.

Quit your bitchin!
These users thanked the author Safety Blitz for the post:
JerzyRam
Rating: 8.33%

"The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand."
D-GenerationX
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Cry-Babies with Pitch Forks

Post by D-GenerationX »

For once, I agree with the "hey, look at me" wind up account here.

Which does give one pause. Gotta admit.

A Uniform Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down.

A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.
Ramsfan08ny
Donating Member
Donating Member

Post by Ramsfan08ny »

We 're fans. That's what fans do. Come to think about it, if I'm wrong, I'll ask the OP to tell us what the purpose of fan forums are.

crazy-legs
Solid Veteran
Solid Veteran

Post by crazy-legs »

Trying to trade for McCaffery made me question if they know what's wrong with the Rams. McCaffery would not of solved the O-Line problems...

Trying to trade for Burns made me think they're out of touch in regards to what the Rams issues are. Yes we need help on the edge but that wouldn't of helped solve the offensive problems. When you can only score 17 points a game how is an edge player going to help that?

Do I know as much as McVay about football. No I don't. But I can see what the Rams problems are - can they? We'll see this off season...
These users thanked the author crazy-legs for the post (total 4):
brasilrams, GoldenRam, Rampager66, haroldjackson
Rating: 33.33%

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...
D-GenerationX
Donating Member
Donating Member

Post by D-GenerationX »

McVay has more than earned benefit of the doubt.

The people that insist he's "gotta go!" just like to hear themselves talk.

The kind of folks that think their passion for a cause is in direct correlation to their wisdom on such.
These users thanked the author D-GenerationX for the post:
NorCal RF

A Uniform Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down.

A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.
brasilrams
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by brasilrams »

Safety Blitz wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 12:23 pm There's not a single soul on this forum who knows one millionth of what Sean knows about the problems and needed solutions of the Rams. Is he a perfect being? No. Is he the guy who won a Superbowl and turned around a disastrous franchise the moment he took over? Yes.

Quit your bitchin!
Nobody here knows more football than mcvay , but everybody in here knows more football than you .
These users thanked the author brasilrams for the post:
ocram23

RamPower
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by RamPower »

brasilrams wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:26 pm
Safety Blitz wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 12:23 pm There's not a single soul on this forum who knows one millionth of what Sean knows about the problems and needed solutions of the Rams. Is he a perfect being? No. Is he the guy who won a Superbowl and turned around a disastrous franchise the moment he took over? Yes.

Quit your bitchin!
Nobody here knows more football than mcvay , but everybody in here knows more football than you .
LOL

NorCal RF
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by NorCal RF »

Quit your bitchin!
For the 1st time ever I agree with a thread of yours. Solid!

NorCal RF
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by NorCal RF »

D-GenerationX wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:25 pm McVay has more than earned benefit of the doubt.

The kind of folks that think their passion for a cause is in direct correlation to their wisdom on such.
No words other than spot on like always……..

RamPower
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by RamPower »

NorCal RF wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:29 pm

Quit your bitchin!
For the 1st time ever I agree with a thread of yours. Solid!
Exactly, for the first time ever. That's why this OP is a red flag. It's (likely) just a vehicle to bash the bashers. I doubt there's really any heart-felt sentiment there :D

FelixTheStonerCat
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by FelixTheStonerCat »

Eh. Nobody's above criticism. Anyone who says "quit bitching!" Just can't handle a single bit of criticism. Criticism is how one gets motivated to do better. Is what it is tho. They'll get things fixed.

ocram23
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by ocram23 »

LONG LIVE WOLFIE!!!! The good old days of SB

DelMar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Post by DelMar »

Wow, Safety Blitz showing a bit of testicles here... Who is the poster and what have you done w Hangtime?
These users thanked the author DelMar for the post:
Rampager66

FelixTheStonerCat
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Like I said, y'all just don't like criticism. Lol. Nothing wrong with criticism.

STL Woody
Donating Member
Donating Member

Post by STL Woody »

Quit your bitchin!
I agree 100 percent. Great post.

Loyalty over Location...
NN1Badboy
Pro Bowl Player
Pro Bowl Player

Post by NN1Badboy »

Quit your bitchin!
Really? He's starting to remind a lot of us of Jeff Fisher. If he has all the answers, then why do we suck so bad?

Marz86
Special Teams Player
Special Teams Player

Post by Marz86 »

NN1Badboy wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 8:28 pm

Quit your bitchin!
Really? He's starting to remind a lot of us of Jeff Fisher. If he has all the answers, then why do we suck so bad?
It’s called injuries. This team has guys playing O line I’ve never heard of before. It’s called losing your starting QB last two weeks that cost them two wins. It’s called SB hangover. Look, I’m just as frustrated as anybody but this team completely sucked before McVay got here. He just brought this team a world championship less than a year ago. He will get this team back on track next season. I honestly believe that and I think he and this team as hard as it is to swallow deserves a mulligan here. Any of us last year would of signed on for this knowing you could win a SB but struggle the following season. It was well worth what this team is going through now. If you are one of those people who say it wasn’t worth it then I call bullshit because we all knew last year this team went all in to win a SB and thats exactly what they did. Now you pay the piper and lick your wounds. To me, all this BS about McVay sucks posts is a joke. Yes, this a talk forum but come on already…This same coach brought this team a world championship!
These users thanked the author Marz86 for the post (total 2):
NorCal RF, LA RAMSGUY 78
Rating: 16.67%

Yorkshire Ram
Donating Member
Donating Member

Post by Yorkshire Ram »

Quit your bitchin!
I agree to a point. Some people have a lower tolerance to failure than others. We had the same debate with Goff to a degree. Many wanted him gone earlier than I did for the Rams to take the next step and they were proven right.

McVay HAS earned a mulligan for this season in my opinion based on the SB. However, I'd like to hear his commitment to a rebuild and I'd also like to hear from Snead, firstly explaining the recent ludicrous trade attempts of CMC and especially Burns and I'd also like to hear about why some players are pleading for and celebrating their release.

The impending worst record by a SB champion does require some acknowledgement and we do need to hear what will be done to get this fixed. Yes, we've had injuries, but the top heavy nature of the roster has been cruelly exposed.
These users thanked the author Yorkshire Ram for the post (total 4):
brasilrams, DelMar, BrooklynRam74, Rampager66
Rating: 33.33%

NorCal RF
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by NorCal RF »

Marz86 wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 9:49 pm
NN1Badboy wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 8:28 pm

It’s called injuries. This team has guys playing O line I’ve never heard of before. It’s called losing your starting QB last two weeks that cost them two wins. It’s called SB hangover. Look, I’m just as frustrated as anybody but this team completely sucked before McVay got here. He just brought this team a world championship less than a year ago. He will get this team back on track next season. I honestly believe that and I think he and this team as hard as it is to swallow deserves a mulligan here. Any of us last year would of signed on for this knowing you could win a SB but struggle the following season. It was well worth what this team is going through now. If you are one of those people who say it wasn’t worth it then I call bullshit because we all knew last year this team went all in to win a SB and thats exactly what they did. Now you pay the piper and lick your wounds. To me, all this BS about McVay sucks posts is a joke. Yes, this a talk forum but come on already…This same coach brought this team a world championship!
Here! Here!

Most of us see this exactly the same way!

ocram23
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by ocram23 »

I am not calling for McVay's head HOWEVER some things need to change.
1. he needs to be the HC and that is it. No power on personnel moves, no play calling responsibilities
2. being the HC he needs to make changes with the coaching staff i.e. bye bye Morris
3. On a totally different topic Snead has to go period. Stan needs to step in and be the owner that actually gives a shit and make the right move

FelixTheStonerCat
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Even tho someone's gonna bring up some old bullshit, I'm not calling for McVay to be fired. My biggest issue this season is not running the ball more. We'll get things fixed. We always do.

bigklein
Donating Member
Donating Member

Post by bigklein »

Post-November last year was amazing, and we’ve been blessed that at least 80% of the McVay era has been pretty amazing too. He deserves more time to show what he can do under these conditions. We do have to acknowledge, though, that this dropoff is horribly extreme and what was seen in the opening embarrassment against Buffalo hasn’t changed much. Things have just been wrong this year. How many pick sixes did Stafford throw prior to the concussions? How often has the coaching on both sides seemed to ensure a loss? The injuries, of course, have made everything much worse, but something at the core has been way off all season. It’s just surprising that things unraveled this quickly. I’m excited to see how that core—philosophically and physically—will be addressed from now till game 1 in 2023.

GoldenRam
Pro Bowl Player
Pro Bowl Player

Post by GoldenRam »

D-GenerationX wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:25 pm McVay has more than earned benefit of the doubt.

And, I'm giving him that .. however, he carries a lot of the burden for this trainwreck of a season, as does Snead. They got us a chip .. but could have done that, and perhaps made it easier, with a little better draft acumen. There are a number of picks bordering on wasted opportunities. One doesn't need to "know more" than HC/FO to be able to see that. Same applies to watching a DC never adjust, never attack, just the same passive D every week, no matter the opponent. That is a HC hire and reflects an inability to hold staff accountable for their performance

MO, McV has been straddling a line this season, and he has a decision to make - coach or booth, or whatever he has planned for the day he
hangs it up. Can't have your head in both camps and perform your duties as they should be

Now, if that makes me a "crybaby with a pitchfork" so be it, because it seems like myself and a good number of people here and fans in general, are more concerned with the team and it's performance than those who have been hired to do so
These users thanked the author GoldenRam for the post (total 2):
BrooklynRam74, Rampager66
Rating: 16.67%

ocram23
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by ocram23 »

bottom line is this.
FO has to do a much better job with the job. we are in this position because McSnead has whiffed in the draft over the last 3 yrs
McVay needs to do a better job of coaching
Last but not least players have to play better

NorCal RF
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by NorCal RF »

GoldenRam wrote: November 25th, 2022, 12:42 am

And, I'm giving him that .. however, he carries a lot of the burden for this trainwreck of a season, as does Snead. They got us a chip .. but could have done that, and perhaps made it easier, with a little better draft acumen. There are a number of picks bordering on wasted opportunities. One doesn't need to "know more" than HC/FO to be able to see that. Same applies to watching a DC never adjust, never attack, just the same passive D every week, no matter the opponent. That is a HC hire and reflects an inability to hold staff accountable for their performance

MO, McV has been straddling a line this season, and he has a decision to make - coach or booth, or whatever he has planned for the day he
hangs it up. Can't have your head in both camps and perform your duties as they should be

Now, if that makes me a "crybaby with a pitchfork" so be it, because it seems like myself and a good number of people here and fans in general, are more concerned with the team and it's performance than those who have been hired to do so
This kind of reply, which has been common in here, has me SMH………..

Draft acumen we get it they bleeped up the Atwell pick. But trading for Stafford wasn’t worth it? Ramsey? Oh so many of you all are now pissed with him but around the league he is still considered a top cb. Has he played great the last playoff run and this season? Nope not particularly but to say that wasn’t a damn good trade for this team………

And then yes we are crying about certain units on this team. OL underperforming. But everybody was damn happy when they extended the 2 OT’s less than a year ago. And everybody understood why they did it. And most said they understood why Corbett had to go, $$, and why they were moving Shelton to RG. Robinson? Oh this board was lit up damn happy when this team signed him and around the league it was viewed as the Rams did it again.

Secondary? We do understand Salary cap and where this teams $$$$$ is allotted to right now and because it is you have to play players on rookie contracts and hope like hell…….. Sure hindsight is 20/20 in regards to what they are paying Floyd and heck maybe even Ramsey but again I didn’t see any complaints in here when those players were extended. And what we now are questioning what players like Kupp n AD make………..

Morris yep I’m not a fan of his scheme. But that scheme was being praised in here during the playoffs last year. Don’t believe you say? Then go look. And this year what for us who did watch the game last Sunday they said in the broadcast we had the 8th rated defense. But? No buts hate his scheme all you want, and again I’m not a fan, but 8th ranked is 8th ranked. Says a lot about the other 24 defenses in the league wouldn’t you say?………….

So yes it is a bunch of damn bellyaching and crying as well as projecting that the future is bleak when fact is you all saying such have no damn clue. None. You have no idea what next year will look like or beyond. And yes we have been here before after the 2016 season and that person hired to turn it around with no first round draft pick did just that. Turned this team completely around. And as X stated he damn well deserves the opportunity to do it again……….

ocram23
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by ocram23 »

NorCal RF wrote: November 25th, 2022, 8:59 am

Draft acumen we get it they bleeped up the Atwell pick. But trading for Stafford wasn’t worth it? Ramsey? Oh so many of you all are now pissed with him but around the league he is still considered a top cb. Has he played great the last playoff run and this season? Nope not particularly but to say that wasn’t a damn good trade for this team………

And then yes we are crying about certain units on this team. OL underperforming. But everybody was damn happy when they extended the 2 OT’s less than a year ago. And everybody understood why they did it. And most said they understood why Corbett had to go, $$, and why they were moving Shelton to RG. Robinson? Oh this board was lit up damn happy when this team signed him and around the league it was viewed as the Rams did it again.

Secondary? We do understand Salary cap and where this teams $$$$$ is allotted to right now and because it is you have to play players on rookie contracts and hope like hell…….. Sure hindsight is 20/20 in regards to what they are paying Floyd and heck maybe even Ramsey but again I didn’t see any complaints in here when those players were extended. And what we now are questioning what players like Kupp n AD make………..

Morris yep I’m not a fan of his scheme. But that scheme was being praised in here during the playoffs last year. Don’t believe you say? Then go look. And this year what for us who did watch the game last Sunday they said in the broadcast we had the 8th rated defense. But? No buts hate his scheme all you want, and again I’m not a fan, but 8th ranked is 8th ranked. Says a lot about the other 24 defenses in the league wouldn’t you say?………….

So yes it is a bunch of damn bellyaching and crying as well as projecting that the future is bleak when fact is you all saying such have no damn clue. None. You have no idea what next year will look like or beyond. And yes we have been here before after the 2016 season and that person hired to turn it around with no first round draft pick did just that. Turned this team completely around. And as X stated he damn well deserves the opportunity to do it again……….
had no issue with the JR and Stafford trade however at the time I thought we gave up too much for JR. But at the end of the day I didn't have an issue.
Now you saying everyone was happy with the extension of the OT's is pure nonsense. I never liked Noteboom and in typical Ram fashion they over paid him. Hav I was on the fence.
I for one understand it was an all in situation last year and it turned out great.
However what I have been most critical on and will continue is the FO's terrible performance when it comes to the draft. You think we addressed the OL situation over the years because we used our 3-7 round draft picks on OL. That is utter nonsense IMO because they chose to pass up on the much needed positions to go draft joysticks which obviously failed.
" you can not make chicken salad out of chicken shit "
that is how I feel about the OL.
These users thanked the author ocram23 for the post:
BrooklynRam74

sanbagger
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by sanbagger »

Crybabies and pitchforks....LOL....man, that sounds like the hook of a song...hmmm...

GoldenRam
Pro Bowl Player
Pro Bowl Player

Post by GoldenRam »

ocram23 wrote: November 25th, 2022, 8:11 am bottom line is this.
FO has to do a much better job with the job. we are in this position because McSnead has whiffed in the draft over the last 3 yrs
McVay needs to do a better job of coaching
Last but not least players have to play better
#3 would likely help #2, or at least make it seem so. Players performing better has a general tendency to hide the warts

GoldenRam
Pro Bowl Player
Pro Bowl Player

Post by GoldenRam »

NorCal RF wrote: November 25th, 2022, 8:59 am

Atwell wasn't the only reach/bad pick. Everyone pulls a wormy apple out of the barrel now and then, we seem to have excelled at it.

Show one time I have said either trade was not worth it?

Again .. not *everyone* was happy about the 2 OT's being extended.

I've made specific points and even stated one as MO only and you return generalizations.

I also think, a number of lineman are performing exactly to their capabilities, which is the problem as I see it. I don't want Shelton, Evans, Edwards or Noteboom here. Are some likely to be here, yes, which IMO is a damn shame

I had no problem with Allen, in part because I thought he was good at something we lacked with OBJ out, and in part because I was expecting OBJ back. Wasn't thrilled with the salary, but is what it is.
I agree with anyone who says he wasn't getting targets, and I mentioned several times not understanding since Staff lobbied for him. I also understand we may have to keep him, but I also think that $15 mil could be used elsewhere. Things are in flux each year .. what
was a good choice last season, doesn't mean it will be next season. In order to get better we need capital.

I'd say Kupp and AD have more than earned what they make. I even give Ramsey a pass due to his usage. Floyd ... different story. He's done pretty well, but think he should have done better. Now, again, as with ARII, I believe his money could be better spent.

There was an article on Rams Wire showing 5 moves that would have the Rams cap this offseason at $60+ mil. I happen to think that cap would be more advantageous to ARII and Floyd. You may think differently, fine. I expect we'll likely end up somewhere in the middle, neither fish nor fowl

I think it would be safe to say that Von Miller had a good bit to do with the D ranking last year, as did the progression of Greg Gaines, subsequently regressed this season. I think it would also be fair to say that having Weddle calling D and being back there also had a good bit to do with that. That said, two of the players with arguably the biggest impact did not return this season, and neither did that #8 defense.
Name one other defense that literally has it's secondary in soft zone *every* game, no matter the opposition. That's not a D "coordinator" that's a guy putting out traffic cones in the same place every week and hoping nobody will notice.

As for clues about the future, quite right, *none* of us know, which makes my particular thoughts on the likely outcome just as valid as yours until proven otherwise.

Now excuse me, apparently I have some bellyaching to do

GoldenRam
Pro Bowl Player
Pro Bowl Player

Post by GoldenRam »

sanbagger wrote: November 25th, 2022, 12:23 pm Crybabies and pitchforks....LOL....man, that sounds like the hook of a song...hmmm...
Sounds like the start of a country song, just missing the truck and the dog ..

Los Angeles Rams 2022 Schedule
Day Date Opp Get Tickets
Thu September 8 Details Tickets
Sun September 18 Details Tickets
Sun September 25 Details @ Tickets
Mon October 3 Details @ Tickets
Sun October 9 Details Tickets
Sun October 16 Details Tickets
Sun October 30 Details Tickets
Sun November 6 Details @ Tickets
Sun November 13 Details Tickets
Sun November 20 Details @ Tickets