Staley Press Conference Today

Open Discussion on NFL News & Other Teams

Moderator: UplandRam

ocram23
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Staley Press Conference Today

Post by ocram23 »

Chargers have now entered the hierarchy of one of the worst run franchises in the NFL IMO.
Staley has been a complete disaster for the last 2 years. He single handed cost them the playoffs last year. He totally F'ed up the last game of the year when he played starters well into the 4th qtr of a meaningless game which resulted in Williams breaking his back.
He was in charge of the defense that gave up a +5 turnover ratio AND a 27 pt lead against Jax.
And then we hear today's press conference where he says " he had zero concern about his job being in jeopardy." He goes on to say he thinks the improvements the last 2 years are obvious and that WE need to move forward and improve for next year.
What a crock of shit. It's him that needs to get better. How many times Dean Spanos does this guy have to fuck up before you show him the door?
LA talk radio went off on him today for what he said and questioning is it arrogance or just Staley not thinking what he has done is wrong?
either way Chargers are wasting herbert's talent with this bum. Would love to hear what Telesco has to say about this. Personally I think his hands are tied.

malibu
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Re: Staley Press Conference Today

Post by malibu »

ocram23 wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:10 pm Chargers have now entered the hierarchy of one of the worst run franchises in the NFL IMO.
Staley has been a complete disaster for the last 2 years. He single handed cost them the playoffs last year. He totally F'ed up the last game of the year when he played starters well into the 4th qtr of a meaningless game which resulted in Williams breaking his back.
He was in charge of the defense that gave up a +5 turnover ratio AND a 27 pt lead against Jax.
And then we hear today's press conference where he says " he had zero concern about his job being in jeopardy." He goes on to say he thinks the improvements the last 2 years are obvious and that WE need to move forward and improve for next year.
What a crock of shit. It's him that needs to get better. How many times Dean Spanos does this guy have to fuck up before you show him the door?
LA talk radio went off on him today for what he said and questioning is it arrogance or just Staley not thinking what he has done is wrong?
either way Chargers are wasting herbert's talent with this bum. Would love to hear what Telesco has to say about this. Personally I think his hands are tied.
Couldn't have said it better myself total spot on analysis.

One thing to add he fires the OC who got him a 27pt lead by halftime in the playoffs. Normally 27 ppg wins almost every game and he did it in the first half. What did he need to score another 27 pts so he keeps his job. He became Staley's scapegoat.

Spanos is too cheap he probably got a high paid Coordinator like contract and also doesn't want to start over. McVay felt with Goff he couldn't get there and was decisive Spanos is letting his wallet from stopping them from winning a Superbowl especially with such star talent like Herbert.

I was talking about the same thing with a friend of mine who is a Giants fan. He heard Joe Schoen (GM) saying they were all in on Jones and my response to my friend is why he will never lead you to a Superbowl Jones is a barely a game manager QB type. So thats your answer. Great teams make bold but calculated decisions. Obviously by keeping Staley LAC is neither bold nor headed in the right decision. Only thing going for the Chargers is key players are less likely to bail when offered a contract because of LA lifestyle, opportunities and Sofi.

ocram23
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by ocram23 »

malibu wrote: Yesterday, 5:11 pm
ocram23 wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:10 pm Chargers have now entered the hierarchy of one of the worst run franchises in the NFL IMO.

One thing to add he fires the OC who got him a 27pt lead by halftime in the playoffs. Normally 27 ppg wins almost every game and he did it in the first half. What did he need to score another 27 pts so he keeps his job. He became Staley's scapegoat.

Spanos is too cheap he probably got a high paid Coordinator like contract and also doesn't want to start over. McVay felt with Goff he couldn't get there and was decisive Spanos is letting his wallet from stopping them from winning a Superbowl especially with such star talent like Herbert.

I was talking about the same thing with a friend of mine who is a Giants fan. He heard Joe Schoen (GM) saying they were all in on Jones and my response to my friend is why he will never lead you to a Superbowl Jones is a barely a game manager QB type. So thats your answer. Great teams make bold but calculated decisions. Obviously by keeping Staley LAC is neither bold nor headed in the right decision. Only thing going for the Chargers is key players are less likely to bail when offered a contract because of LA lifestyle, opportunities and Sofi.
Chargers will always been garbage as long as Spanos owns this team. Even though they have a good roster. The fact they chose Staley over Dabol is a complete joke. Go look at Staley's ascension to the HC job. It is absolutely crazy to see where he has come. He had 1 yr as a DC for the Rams prior to getting the Chargers job.
I think Jones can take them to the big game. Remember he has nobody at the WR position. I don't know one name that played in that game last weekend.

ocram23
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Post by ocram23 »

malibu wrote: Yesterday, 5:11 pm

How the F does this guy get a head coaching job in the NFL????

Northern Illinois (2006–2008)
Graduate assistant
St. Thomas (MN) (2009)
Defensive line coach/special teams coach
Hutchinson CC (2010–2011)
Associate head coach/defensive coordinator
Tennessee (2012)
Graduate assistant
John Carroll (2013)
Defensive coordinator/secondary coach
James Madison (2014)
Defensive coordinator/linebackers coach