Tutu Was Not Out

Open Discussion On The Los Angeles Rams

Moderator: GlendoraRam

User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 4757
Joined: June 24th, 2021, 10:31 am
Has thanked: 2888 times
Been thanked: 1514 times
Contact:

Tutu Was Not Out

Post by BrooklynRam74 »

But even if it was, it is CRIMINAL and an invalid use of replay. You cannot overturn that call on the field EITHER WAY.

If Tutu was ruled OUT by the field Official, replay isn't conclusive enough to say he DIDN'T step out.

Conversely, Tutu was ruled IN by the field Official and replay WAS NOT conclusive enough to say he stepped out.

By the way, just seen conclusive evidence on Around The Horn, Tutu's heel, though appearing to look out of bounds from an overhead angle , NEVER makes contact with the white out of bounds area.

This is REASON ONE why we lost last night.
These users thanked the author BrooklynRam74 for the post:
fan since 65
Rating: 8.33%
 
Matthew Stafford Steals Souls

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

Strongly Disagree brother . Reason one is why we played like shit . I refuse to blame officials since after that call , we had 1st and goal at the 3 yard line , any SEMI DECENT team can still score . Blaming the refs is something That saints fans do . Not us . After that bad ball We had MULTIPLE chances to win that game , multiple , but our HC and our QB fucked that up .
User avatar
bigklein
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 382
Joined: January 30th, 2016, 8:06 am
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 130 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by bigklein »

They looked like the Rams we love when that touchdown happened, which has made their inability to overcome that opening obstacle that much more painful.

The call really stunk, but their inability to find success after that setback stinks even more.
These users thanked the author bigklein for the post:
BrooklynRam74
Rating: 8.33%
 
User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 4757
Joined: June 24th, 2021, 10:31 am
Has thanked: 2888 times
Been thanked: 1514 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by BrooklynRam74 »

brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:33 pm Strongly Disagree brother . Reason one is why we played like shit . I refuse to blame officials since after that call , we had 1st and goal at the 3 yard line , any SEMI DECENT team can still score . Blaming the refs is something That saints fans do . Not us . After that bad ball We had MULTIPLE chances to win that game , multiple , but our HC and our QB fucked that up .
I'm not saying we DIDNT play like shit. I'm saying we win the game if the Atwell play is called correctly. Invalid and illegitimate use of replay rule. Conclusive evidence is needed which was clearly not there.
Matthew Stafford Steals Souls

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

bigklein wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:36 pm They looked like the Rams we love when that touchdown happened, which has made their inability to overcome that opening obstacle that much more painful.

The call really stunk, but their inability to find success after that setback stinks even more.
Exactly. Instead of complaining about the stupid refs we should look inside and see what is the reason we went 1-11 on third downs and couldn't sustain any drives. Saints fans complained forever about us tying that game after that hit that was a PI and not called ....but guess what? Saints win the toss and got the ball in overtime and couldn't do shit. It is their fault for losing that game not the refs.
Last edited by brasilrams on September 26th, 2023, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:52 pm
brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:33 pm Strongly Disagree brother . Reason one is why we played like shit . I refuse to blame officials since after that call , we had 1st and goal at the 3 yard line , any SEMI DECENT team can still score . Blaming the refs is something That saints fans do . Not us . After that bad ball We had MULTIPLE chances to win that game , multiple , but our HC and our QB fucked that up .
I'm not saying we DIDNT play like shit. I'm saying we win the game if the Atwell play is called correctly. Invalid and illegitimate use of replay rule. Conclusive evidence is needed which was clearly not there.
You said it is the MAIN reason we lost . I disagree with that statement . I think the MAIN reason we lost is our o line and qb played like shit , the game plan and play calling was shit , we couldn't score 1st and goal from the 3 yard line , we went 1-11 on third down conversion , we lost TOS AND TO battle , and so on . ALL THAT comes before the bad call . BAD CALL , IMO is not the main reason . that is where I disagree. Good teams overcome bad calls . Shitty teams fold and can't do shit after a bad call .
User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 4757
Joined: June 24th, 2021, 10:31 am
Has thanked: 2888 times
Been thanked: 1514 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by BrooklynRam74 »

brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:56 pm
BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:52 pm

I'm not saying we DIDNT play like shit. I'm saying we win the game if the Atwell play is called correctly. Invalid and illegitimate use of replay rule. Conclusive evidence is needed which was clearly not there.
You said it is the MAIN reason we lost . I disagree with that statement . I think the MAIN reason we lost is our o line and qb played like shit , the game plan and play calling was shit , we couldn't score 1st and goal from the 3 yard line , we went 1-11 on third down conversion , we lost TOS AND TO battle , and so on . ALL THAT comes before the bad call . BAD CALL , IMO is not the main reason . that is where I disagree. Good teams overcome bad calls . Shitty teams fold and can't do shit after a bad call .
If the Atwell play is called CORRECTLY, do we win or lose?
Matthew Stafford Steals Souls

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:00 pm
brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:56 pm

You said it is the MAIN reason we lost . I disagree with that statement . I think the MAIN reason we lost is our o line and qb played like shit , the game plan and play calling was shit , we couldn't score 1st and goal from the 3 yard line , we went 1-11 on third down conversion , we lost TOS AND TO battle , and so on . ALL THAT comes before the bad call . BAD CALL , IMO is not the main reason . that is where I disagree. Good teams overcome bad calls . Shitty teams fold and can't do shit after a bad call .
If the Atwell play is called CORRECTLY, do we win or lose?
I don't know , neither do you . THE FINAL scoreboard says we would win ( because we lost by 3 and we would have 4 more points ) but the game could have gone a different way . Bengals wouldn't set for FGs like they did they would risk 4th downs , also mcvay maybe would run more and we could control the clock more , bottom line a lot of things could have gone differently if that TD is called like it should , Of course it would make things easier but the rams would still have to improve their game compared to what they showed or else I don't think it would matter much, bengals would have found a way to win . You just can't say for sure we would win , nobody can. That is all speculation and IMO a huge waste of time . A better use of the time is to look inside and understand why did we play like shit and try to correct it . We focus on what we can control . We can't control stupid calls , they are gonna happen here and there but like I said , good teams OVERCOME THEM .
Last edited by brasilrams on September 26th, 2023, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author brasilrams for the post:
bigklein
Rating: 8.33%
 
User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 4757
Joined: June 24th, 2021, 10:31 am
Has thanked: 2888 times
Been thanked: 1514 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by BrooklynRam74 »

brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:06 pm
BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:00 pm

If the Atwell play is called CORRECTLY, do we win or lose?
I don't know , neither do you . THE FINAL scoreboard says we would win ( because we lost by 3 and we would have 4 more points ) but the game could have gone a different way . Bengals wouldn't set for FGs like they did they would risk 4th downs , also mcvay maybe would run more and we could control the clock more , bottom line a lot of things could have gone differently if that TD is called like it should ,it would make things easier but the rams would still have to improve their game compared to what they showed or else I don't think it would matter , bengals would have found a way to win . You just can't say for sure we would win , nobody can. That is all speculation and IMO a huge waste of time . A better use of the time is to look inside and understand why did we play like shit and try to correct it . We focus on what we can control . We can't control stupid calls , they are gonna happen here and there but like I said , good teams OVERCOME THEM .
Fine. Also got screwed on the Higbee Touchdown. Illegitimate Time Out.
Matthew Stafford Steals Souls

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:28 pm
brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:06 pm

I don't know , neither do you . THE FINAL scoreboard says we would win ( because we lost by 3 and we would have 4 more points ) but the game could have gone a different way . Bengals wouldn't set for FGs like they did they would risk 4th downs , also mcvay maybe would run more and we could control the clock more , bottom line a lot of things could have gone differently if that TD is called like it should ,it would make things easier but the rams would still have to improve their game compared to what they showed or else I don't think it would matter , bengals would have found a way to win . You just can't say for sure we would win , nobody can. That is all speculation and IMO a huge waste of time . A better use of the time is to look inside and understand why did we play like shit and try to correct it . We focus on what we can control . We can't control stupid calls , they are gonna happen here and there but like I said , good teams OVERCOME THEM .
Fine. Also got screwed on the Higbee Touchdown. Illegitimate Time Out.
the higbee TD I am not sure , I think ZACH was actually running and calling time out before the snap , but I am not 100 % sure , very difficult call not like the tutu which was EASY to see he never stepped out of bounds . So , I am not ready to say that was horrible call like the tutu actually was . The tutu call was just RIDICULOUS , one of the worst calls I have ever seen in my life .
These users thanked the author brasilrams for the post:
BrooklynRam74
Rating: 8.33%
 
User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 4757
Joined: June 24th, 2021, 10:31 am
Has thanked: 2888 times
Been thanked: 1514 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by BrooklynRam74 »

brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:32 pm
BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:28 pm

Fine. Also got screwed on the Higbee Touchdown. Illegitimate Time Out.
the higbee TD I am not sure , I think ZACH was actually running and calling time out before the snap , but I am not 100 % sure , very difficult call not like the tutu which was EASY to see he never stepped out of bounds . So , I am not ready to say that was horrible call like the tutu actually was . The tutu call was just RIDICULOUS , one of the worst calls I have ever seen in my life .
And very legitimately may have cost us the game.
Matthew Stafford Steals Souls

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:34 pm
brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:32 pm

the higbee TD I am not sure , I think ZACH was actually running and calling time out before the snap , but I am not 100 % sure , very difficult call not like the tutu which was EASY to see he never stepped out of bounds . So , I am not ready to say that was horrible call like the tutu actually was . The tutu call was just RIDICULOUS , one of the worst calls I have ever seen in my life .
And very legitimately may have cost us the game.
I will agree with that ...it MAY have cost us the game ....but we just can't know for sure brother . What we KNOW for a fact is that we need to play better or else we will be in the hunt for CALEB , which actually might not BE a bad thing :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author brasilrams for the post:
BrooklynRam74
Rating: 8.33%
 
User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 4757
Joined: June 24th, 2021, 10:31 am
Has thanked: 2888 times
Been thanked: 1514 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by BrooklynRam74 »

brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:45 pm
BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:34 pm

And very legitimately may have cost us the game.
I will agree with that ...it MAY have cost us the game ....but we just can't know for sure brother . What we KNOW for a fact is that we need to play better or else we will be in the hunt for CALEB , which actually might not BE a bad thing :mrgreen:
As I said somewhere off in another thread, the best outcome of this year would be:

1. Winning the Super Bowl (not happening)
2. Drafting our next Franchise Quarterback.

Still think it's a borderline playoff team, but honestly if you gave me Caleb Williams or Drake Maye I'd sign for it right now. Might have to find a Franchise Head Coach though....
These users thanked the author BrooklynRam74 for the post:
brasilrams
Rating: 8.33%
 
Matthew Stafford Steals Souls

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 4:02 pm
brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:45 pm

I will agree with that ...it MAY have cost us the game ....but we just can't know for sure brother . What we KNOW for a fact is that we need to play better or else we will be in the hunt for CALEB , which actually might not BE a bad thing :mrgreen:
As I said somewhere off in another thread, the best outcome of this year would be:

1. Winning the Super Bowl (not happening)
2. Drafting our next Franchise Quarterback.

Still think it's a borderline playoff team, but honestly if you gave me Caleb Williams or Drake Maye I'd sign for it right now. Might have to find a Franchise Head Coach though....
exactly
These users thanked the author brasilrams for the post:
BrooklynRam74
Rating: 8.33%
 
User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 4757
Joined: June 24th, 2021, 10:31 am
Has thanked: 2888 times
Been thanked: 1514 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by BrooklynRam74 »

BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:24 pm But even if it was, it is CRIMINAL and an invalid use of replay. You cannot overturn that call on the field EITHER WAY.

If Tutu was ruled OUT by the field Official, replay isn't conclusive enough to say he DIDN'T step out.

Conversely, Tutu was ruled IN by the field Official and replay WAS NOT conclusive enough to say he stepped out.

By the way, just seen conclusive evidence on Around The Horn, Tutu's heel, though appearing to look out of bounds from an overhead angle , NEVER makes contact with the white out of bounds area.

This is REASON ONE why we lost last night.
ENOUGH to OVERTURN? Really, NFL? REALLY???
USATSI_21503624.jpg
These users thanked the author BrooklynRam74 for the post (total 2):
HellRam, brasilrams
Rating: 16.67%
 
Matthew Stafford Steals Souls

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.
User avatar
HellRam
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 2400
Joined: June 22nd, 2015, 10:17 pm
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 731 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by HellRam »

Call was egregious.

Anyone who thinks otherwise might need to set up a eye appointment. No disrespect.
These users thanked the author HellRam for the post:
BrooklynRam74
Rating: 8.33%
 
User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 4757
Joined: June 24th, 2021, 10:31 am
Has thanked: 2888 times
Been thanked: 1514 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by BrooklynRam74 »

HellRam wrote: September 26th, 2023, 5:03 pm Call was egregious.

Anyone who thinks otherwise might need to set up a eye appointment. No disrespect.
And to the bigger point, even if his shoe made contact with a speck of white, that's NOT the intended use of replay. Has to be CONCLUSIVE. But no evidence on contact with out of bounds grass.
These users thanked the author BrooklynRam74 for the post (total 3):
HellRam, brasilrams, RamPower
Rating: 25%
 
Matthew Stafford Steals Souls

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.
User avatar
RamPower
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 738
Joined: January 18th, 2016, 1:52 pm
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 236 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by RamPower »

BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 5:11 pm
HellRam wrote: September 26th, 2023, 5:03 pm Call was egregious.

Anyone who thinks otherwise might need to set up a eye appointment. No disrespect.
And to the bigger point, even if his shoe made contact with a speck of white, that's NOT the intended use of replay. Has to be CONCLUSIVE. But no evidence on contact with out of bounds grass.
Agree. That was perhaps the worst overturn I've ever seen.

Rams played like shit? So? So did the bengals. Two coaches that looked clueless. Regardless, it was an even game once again (i.e. whiners), and that one missed call was potentially a difference maker.

Anyway, defense actually played well enough to win some games, the offense ouch. The O-line that we feared could possibly get Stafford killed was on full display...
These users thanked the author RamPower for the post (total 2):
BrooklynRam74, DelMar
Rating: 16.67%
 
User avatar
bigklein
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 382
Joined: January 30th, 2016, 8:06 am
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 130 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by bigklein »

tutuwhite.jpg
User avatar
GlendoraRam
The Big Guy
The Big Guy
Posts: 35055
Joined: January 8th, 2015, 6:19 am
Has thanked: 1865 times
Been thanked: 1226 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by GlendoraRam »

The refs also missed a face mask against Puka. Actually happened directly in front of the ref. He looked away as soon as it happened. That tells me he saw it and ignored it.
Those calls did in fact have a huge impact on the game. None the less, the main reason we lost this game was McVay failure to even attempt to run the football and worse, having Stafford drop back every damn play when the Bengals were tee’ing off. Those endless blitzes were perfect opportunities to run the football. This loss is on McVay.
These users thanked the author GlendoraRam for the post:
brasilrams
Rating: 8.33%
 
Rams Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
Rams Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees.
Officially Licensed Rams Memorabilia on Sale
Visit All Our Forums - Over 160 Sports Forums
User avatar
HellRam
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 2400
Joined: June 22nd, 2015, 10:17 pm
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 731 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by HellRam »

bigklein wrote: September 26th, 2023, 9:46 pm tutuwhite.jpg
Great picture. You can even see green grass before the white and the heel is clearly up.

How that was overturned isn't incompetence. It was intentional. Makes you wonder how legalized gambling is affecting these games. So many terrible calls with no intention by the league to fix it.
These users thanked the author HellRam for the post:
BrooklynRam74
Rating: 8.33%
 
Ramsfan08ny
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1350
Joined: February 9th, 2016, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 447 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by Ramsfan08ny »

brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:33 pm Strongly Disagree brother . Reason one is why we played like shit . I refuse to blame officials since after that call , we had 1st and goal at the 3 yard line , any SEMI DECENT team can still score . Blaming the refs is something That saints fans do . Not us . After that bad ball We had MULTIPLE chances to win that game , multiple , but our HC and our QB fucked that up .
Playing like shit is not the point of this thread. The point is, there was no evidence to reverse the call. Would the Rams have won if the call held? We don't know, but replay had no conclusive evidence to reverse it. Wr obviously saw it differently.
These users thanked the author Ramsfan08ny for the post (total 2):
BrooklynRam74, bigklein
Rating: 16.67%
 
Bulldawg
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1426
Joined: February 1st, 2021, 7:48 pm
Has thanked: 475 times
Been thanked: 471 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by Bulldawg »

I thought we got shafted on both replay calls. (Didn't the ball hit the ground on Stafford's 1st interception?) No way was the NFL going to let their poster child team go 0-3.
User avatar
ocram23
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 6253
Joined: October 15th, 2019, 6:12 pm
Has thanked: 613 times
Been thanked: 1301 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by ocram23 »

Bulldawg wrote: September 27th, 2023, 8:00 am I thought we got shafted on both replay calls. (Didn't the ball hit the ground on Stafford's 1st interception?) No way was the NFL going to let their poster child team go 0-3.
went back and reviewed the TuTu TD called back and no way should that have been reversed. And the game would have been much different towards the end that is for sure.

In regards to the Int I don't think it hit the ground but not completely sure.
User avatar
BrooklynRam74
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 4757
Joined: June 24th, 2021, 10:31 am
Has thanked: 2888 times
Been thanked: 1514 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by BrooklynRam74 »

ocram23 wrote: September 27th, 2023, 8:17 am
Bulldawg wrote: September 27th, 2023, 8:00 am I thought we got shafted on both replay calls. (Didn't the ball hit the ground on Stafford's 1st interception?) No way was the NFL going to let their poster child team go 0-3.
went back and reviewed the TuTu TD called back and no way should that have been reversed. And the game would have been much different towards the end that is for sure.

In regards to the Int I don't think it hit the ground but not completely sure.
Game would have been completely different not only towards the end but at the BEGINNING. Momentum was completely ours, now Burrow gets the ball trailing 7-0 instead of 3-0. He may do something different, maybe push the ball in where he shouldn't. Now we get the ball back after a punt and go up 10-0, it could be game over. I'm done complaining about it, we got shafted, let's move on. We can still have a solid season if we fix our O-Line and our Head Coach smartens up.
These users thanked the author BrooklynRam74 for the post:
bigklein
Rating: 8.33%
 
Matthew Stafford Steals Souls

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful Brooklyn N.Y.

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

Ramsfan08ny wrote: September 27th, 2023, 4:05 am
brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:33 pm Strongly Disagree brother . Reason one is why we played like shit . I refuse to blame officials since after that call , we had 1st and goal at the 3 yard line , any SEMI DECENT team can still score . Blaming the refs is something That saints fans do . Not us . After that bad ball We had MULTIPLE chances to win that game , multiple , but our HC and our QB fucked that up .
Playing like shit is not the point of this thread. The point is, there was no evidence to reverse the call. Would the Rams have won if the call held? We don't know, but replay had no conclusive evidence to reverse it. Wr obviously saw it differently.
I simply disagreed with my friend Mike when he said that the MAIN reason we lost was due to the TD being called back . An atrocious call for sure , but I still think the MAIN reason we lost is because we played like shit . Not one or two bad calls , as bad as they were . That doesn't define a game . We could have EASILY overcome those bad calls even if we played 10 % better . BUT that doesn't change the fact that these fucking calls are ABSURD .
Last edited by brasilrams on September 27th, 2023, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author brasilrams for the post:
BrooklynRam74
Rating: 8.33%
 
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

The thing is : what are the rams doing about it ? What can be done so shit like that doesn't happen again ? SOMETHING needs to be done because although we played like shit , stuff like that is not supposed to happen . The refs were clearly on a mission to try to help the bengals get their first win . Why is that NO ONE besides us , rams fans are talking about it ??

The rams FO needs to do something about this . You can't be passive and go like " oh well that is life " . Because if you do that , you are accepting this and then , they are gonna do it again at some point. They need to do something and the refs that did this must be penalized somehow . It doesn't help that the media HATES US and nobody is even talked about this ( at least I didn't see ) . Do you all remember the " tik tak " call against NO ? IMO , that was a PI not called , but the Saints made SO MUCH noise about it that the media was talking about it for WEEKS and saying that we shouldn';t even be in the SB ( which I completely disagree since the saints got the ball in the overtime and could have won IF THEY PLAYED BETTER ) . But anyway , I want to know if the rams FO is actually doing something about this .
Last edited by brasilrams on September 27th, 2023, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
brasilrams
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 808 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by brasilrams »

Another thing : soccer , tennis and a bunch of other sports , they have computer analyzing stuff like this . It is a 3d scan that will tell you if the tennis ball hit inbound or out of bounds , if a soccer player is offside or not . It is not human eye to look at a replay that sometimes is not even full HD , the replays of tutu feet all looked blurry and low quality , ( even then it was EASY to see he never stepped out of bounds ) . I wonder why the NFL doesn't use advanced tech like these other sports do . Maybe it is because they can actually have control over shit like this ? If it is a 3d scan in high resolution showing the image , they would never be able to make such atrocious calls like this .

here is an example :
User avatar
HellRam
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 2400
Joined: June 22nd, 2015, 10:17 pm
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 731 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by HellRam »

brasilrams wrote: September 27th, 2023, 11:19 am Another thing : soccer , tennis and a bunch of other sports , they have computer analyzing stuff like this . It is a 3d scan that will tell you if the tennis ball hit inbound or out of bounds , if a soccer player is offside or not . It is not human eye to look at a replay that sometimes is not even full HD , the replays of tutu feet all looked blurry and low quality , ( even then it was EASY to see he never stepped out of bounds ) . I wonder why the NFL doesn't use advanced tech like these other sports do . Maybe it is because they can actually have control over shit like this ? If it is a 3d scan in high resolution showing the image , they would never be able to make such atrocious calls like this .

here is an example :
No other reason why. I've actually lost love for the league over the years because of this crap.
These users thanked the author HellRam for the post:
brasilrams
Rating: 8.33%
 
User avatar
CierraRam
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 501
Joined: February 5th, 2016, 7:24 am
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 261 times
Contact:

Re: Tutu Was Not Out

Post by CierraRam »

BrooklynRam74 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 3:00 pm
brasilrams wrote: September 26th, 2023, 2:56 pm

You said it is the MAIN reason we lost . I disagree with that statement . I think the MAIN reason we lost is our o line and qb played like shit , the game plan and play calling was shit , we couldn't score 1st and goal from the 3 yard line , we went 1-11 on third down conversion , we lost TOS AND TO battle , and so on . ALL THAT comes before the bad call . BAD CALL , IMO is not the main reason . that is where I disagree. Good teams overcome bad calls . Shitty teams fold and can't do shit after a bad call .
If the Atwell play is called CORRECTLY, do we win or lose?
I think the Rams still lose. When you dont run the ball and dont help out a backup LT who is clearly beaten on just about every play... Bad things happen and they did. This loss is squarly on the one person.. McVay. McVay is good for calling 2-3 clunkers a season.. But this one ranks right up there with the Dolphins and Jets game a few seasons ago. I think it just tied that Dolphins game for the worst one.
These users thanked the author CierraRam for the post (total 2):
GlendoraRam, brasilrams
Rating: 16.67%
 
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jodat43 and 3 guests