Page 1 of 4

Stafford is back

Posted: August 4th, 2022, 6:22 pm
by Cornell29
Connected with TuTu for a 50 plus yarder


Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 4th, 2022, 7:57 pm
by Windsor
He flat out ran away from Hill and Scott!

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 4th, 2022, 9:05 pm
by RicoRamFan
He has a weenie arm at this point in his career but at the same time can make big throws, so he will have elbow soreness and stretches of inaccuracy.
But coupled with his guts, QB intuition and receivers to go get it, I expect another big year for 9 is in the cards.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 4th, 2022, 10:25 pm
by UplandRam
Tutu seems to fall down when catching.. the ball isn’t really that heavy:)

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 5th, 2022, 4:54 am
by RAMFAN71
Tutu is too, too small. Yeah- he falls down there. Not looking like he's been there before.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 5th, 2022, 8:52 am
by BradleyS
RAMFAN71 wrote: August 5th, 2022, 4:54 am Tutu is too, too small. Yeah- he falls down there. Not looking like he's been there before.
Sorry, but I am a little tired of hearing this. He is not too small, plenty of players that would be considered "too small" have been stars in the NFL. Sean McVay and the Rams do not think he is too small or they would not have drafted him in the second round. Go check out some of his college highlights and then tell me he is too small. He is a big play monster and faster than anyone I have ever seen play football, and not just fast but quick, freakishly so. He is going to get his chance with Jefferson out and is going to impress the hell out of all of you doubters.

Wes Welker 5'9" tall and 185 lbs.
REC 903 YDS 9,924 TD 50 AVG 11.0
In the 2007, 2008, and 2009 seasons, Welker received over 1,100 yards each year. In 2009, he attained 1,348 yards in only 13 games. He led the league in receptions in 2007, 2009 and 2011. 2 time ALL-Pro 1st team, 1 time 2nd team, 5 time Pro Bowler

DeSean Jackson 5'10" tall 175 lbs.
632 REC YDS 11110 TD 58 AVG 17.6
3 time Pro Bowler, first player selected to the Pro Bowl at two different positions in the same year, wide receiver and return specialist.

Steve Smith 5'9" tall 185 lbs.
Steve Smith played 13 seasons for Carolina, ending his career as the Panthers all-time leader in receiving yards (12,197), receiving touchdowns (67), total touchdowns (75), scrimmage yards (12,584), all-purpose yards (16,614) and 100-yard receiving games (43).
Named to the Pro Bowl five times, AP All-Pro four times (twice first team, twice second team), NFL Comeback Player of the Year in 2005 as he led the NFL in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.


Mark Duper, Mark Clayton... the list goes on and on.....

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 5th, 2022, 9:19 am
by RAMFAN71
Tutu was drafted at ~160 lbs I think? That's small, so yes I have my doubts. His speed can move the DBs for sure....but only if he is a threat to burn you for 6. Hope he succeeds- I just want another ring.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 5th, 2022, 1:56 pm
by FelixTheStonerCat
BradleyS wrote: August 5th, 2022, 8:52 am
RAMFAN71 wrote: August 5th, 2022, 4:54 am Tutu is too, too small. Yeah- he falls down there. Not looking like he's been there before.
Sorry, but I am a little tired of hearing this. He is not too small, plenty of players that would be considered "too small" have been stars in the NFL. Sean McVay and the Rams do not think he is too small or they would not have drafted him in the second round. Go check out some of his college highlights and then tell me he is too small. He is a big play monster and faster than anyone I have ever seen play football, and not just fast but quick, freakishly so. He is going to get his chance with Jefferson out and is going to impress the hell out of all of you doubters.

Wes Welker 5'9" tall and 185 lbs.
REC 903 YDS 9,924 TD 50 AVG 11.0
In the 2007, 2008, and 2009 seasons, Welker received over 1,100 yards each year. In 2009, he attained 1,348 yards in only 13 games. He led the league in receptions in 2007, 2009 and 2011. 2 time ALL-Pro 1st team, 1 time 2nd team, 5 time Pro Bowler

DeSean Jackson 5'10" tall 175 lbs.
632 REC YDS 11110 TD 58 AVG 17.6
3 time Pro Bowler, first player selected to the Pro Bowl at two different positions in the same year, wide receiver and return specialist.

Steve Smith 5'9" tall 185 lbs.
Steve Smith played 13 seasons for Carolina, ending his career as the Panthers all-time leader in receiving yards (12,197), receiving touchdowns (67), total touchdowns (75), scrimmage yards (12,584), all-purpose yards (16,614) and 100-yard receiving games (43).
Named to the Pro Bowl five times, AP All-Pro four times (twice first team, twice second team), NFL Comeback Player of the Year in 2005 as he led the NFL in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.


Mark Duper, Mark Clayton... the list goes on and on.....
Even Darren sproles.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 5th, 2022, 2:59 pm
by BrooklynRam74
BradleyS wrote: August 5th, 2022, 8:52 am
RAMFAN71 wrote: August 5th, 2022, 4:54 am Tutu is too, too small. Yeah- he falls down there. Not looking like he's been there before.
Sorry, but I am a little tired of hearing this. He is not too small, plenty of players that would be considered "too small" have been stars in the NFL. Sean McVay and the Rams do not think he is too small or they would not have drafted him in the second round. Go check out some of his college highlights and then tell me he is too small. He is a big play monster and faster than anyone I have ever seen play football, and not just fast but quick, freakishly so. He is going to get his chance with Jefferson out and is going to impress the hell out of all of you doubters.

Wes Welker 5'9" tall and 185 lbs.
REC 903 YDS 9,924 TD 50 AVG 11.0
In the 2007, 2008, and 2009 seasons, Welker received over 1,100 yards each year. In 2009, he attained 1,348 yards in only 13 games. He led the league in receptions in 2007, 2009 and 2011. 2 time ALL-Pro 1st team, 1 time 2nd team, 5 time Pro Bowler

DeSean Jackson 5'10" tall 175 lbs.
632 REC YDS 11110 TD 58 AVG 17.6
3 time Pro Bowler, first player selected to the Pro Bowl at two different positions in the same year, wide receiver and return specialist.

Steve Smith 5'9" tall 185 lbs.
Steve Smith played 13 seasons for Carolina, ending his career as the Panthers all-time leader in receiving yards (12,197), receiving touchdowns (67), total touchdowns (75), scrimmage yards (12,584), all-purpose yards (16,614) and 100-yard receiving games (43).
Named to the Pro Bowl five times, AP All-Pro four times (twice first team, twice second team), NFL Comeback Player of the Year in 2005 as he led the NFL in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.


Mark Duper, Mark Clayton... the list goes on and on.....
Totally agree Bradley. If he can play, he'll he good. If he's an injury case he's in trouble. Personally, I think Tutu will be studly and justify the 2nd Round Pick.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 5th, 2022, 3:45 pm
by DelMar
RAMFAN71 wrote: August 5th, 2022, 9:19 am Tutu was drafted at ~160 lbs I think? That's small, so yes I have my doubts. His speed can move the DBs for sure....but only if he is a threat to burn you for 6. Hope he succeeds- I just want another ring.
No need to defend your stance. Some posters are just homers. He’s small, and I’m not sold on the him much either. But, let’s see how he handles this season. He bulked up… so I’ll hold off judgement after a couple games.

One thing we all can agree on is we want the man to be a success. So pulling for him big time here… but comparing him to Wes Welker or DeSean… ummm, Ok. Got it. 😘🤣

Let’s not put the wagon on front of the horses boys... let’s see how the mighty midget does.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 5th, 2022, 4:46 pm
by Faulk28allworld
Stafford has all of the makings of someone in need of a Tommy John surgery. If that's the case he's done for the season. This is something to be very concerned about.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 5th, 2022, 4:53 pm
by HellRam
Faulk28allworld wrote: August 5th, 2022, 4:46 pm Stafford has all of the makings of someone in need of a Tommy John surgery. If that's the case he's done for the season. This is something to be very concerned about.
Yeah it's definitely concerning. I'm not a doctor so I wont speculate. But I do train and understand injuries to a extent since I've had a couple myself.

It's great he's still able to look good some days in the second week of camp. But it's December, January, ect. That's when this can get alarming. It's going to be a issue they will have to mitigate and hope Stafford makes it through the season at being effective.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 1:07 am
by Windsor
If Stafford's arm is so bad, don't you think McVay would be looking at adding another QB

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 3:49 am
by BrooklynRam74
SoCalRam78 wrote: August 5th, 2022, 7:14 pm
Faulk28allworld wrote: August 5th, 2022, 4:46 pm Stafford has all of the makings of someone in need of a Tommy John surgery. If that's the case he's done for the season. This is something to be very concerned about.
TJ is a ligament injury of the UCL. Would be diagnosed. He has a tendon issue. Prob some arthritis in there too from wear and tear. I’m sure he received anti inflammatories and platelets.

He had this last year as well. Rams never put him on a pitch count last year. He needs to play on Sundays. He will.
As usual SoCal with straight up common sense. We missed that. Of course you're going to upset the Nervous Nellie's and Want to be Worried-ers..LOL

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 7:35 am
by HellRam
BrooklynRam74 wrote: August 6th, 2022, 3:49 am
SoCalRam78 wrote: August 5th, 2022, 7:14 pm

TJ is a ligament injury of the UCL. Would be diagnosed. He has a tendon issue. Prob some arthritis in there too from wear and tear. I’m sure he received anti inflammatories and platelets.

He had this last year as well. Rams never put him on a pitch count last year. He needs to play on Sundays. He will.
As usual SoCal with straight up common sense. We missed that. Of course you're going to upset the Nervous Nellie's and Want to be Worried-ers..LOL
Except Socal stated Stafford might have a arthritic condition. Umm in what way is that good news and something to not worry about? Interesting take from his comment.


Personally, I have no clue whats going on other than Staffords elbow has been giving him some problems that don't seem to be going away fully. Can he play at a high level still? I'm sure he can! Will it affect the longevity of his career? Good chance of that as well depending on the condition and wear and tear.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 7:59 am
by NorCal RF
Windsor wrote: August 6th, 2022, 1:07 am If Stafford's arm is so bad, don't you think McVay would be looking at adding another QB
Who? Garoppolo? Niners have not waived him yet because they do not want him to go to Seattle. Well they certainly don’t want him to go to the Rams………

Darnold is mentioned a lot in here. He is so damn good that Carolina drafted a QB with their 3rd pick and then went and got Mayfield. McVay is good but he isn’t a miracle worker when it come to making something out of what is a bad QB in Darnold………

Again who? Not much out there…

It is why winning the SB last year was so damn important………..

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 8:11 am
by BrooklynRam74
HellRam wrote: August 6th, 2022, 7:35 am
BrooklynRam74 wrote: August 6th, 2022, 3:49 am

As usual SoCal with straight up common sense. We missed that. Of course you're going to upset the Nervous Nellie's and Want to be Worried-ers..LOL
Except Socal stated Stafford might have a arthritic condition. Umm in what way is that good news and something to not worry about? Interesting take from his comment.


Personally, I have no clue whats going on other than Staffords elbow has been giving him some problems that don't seem to be going away fully. Can he play at a high level still? I'm sure he can! Will it affect the longevity of his career? Good chance of that as well depending on the condition and wear and tear.
Stafford will show up on Sundays, beat teams, and lead us to High Playoff success. The book on Matthew Stafford has not been written yet with only one Ring to his credit. When the full story is told he will have multiple Rings and a Yellow Jacket.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 10:57 am
by Hacksaw
I'm concerned Stafford is going to get older and retire. Meanwhile I'm going to dig the ride.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 11:43 am
by Yorkshire Ram
I'm sure I read that it was tendonitis that Stafford was suffering? If so, it's painful but manageable. The fact that it hasn't gone away after an injection, rest and top class rehab is a little concerning though.

He'll manage it, like he manages everything else I'm sure he's suffering with at this point in his career.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 1:59 pm
by Claremontram
Tutu needs to show he can survive big hits over the middle. That's life in the NFL and not exactly what diminutive WRs are designed for.

Stafford is tough and will be fine.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 2:22 pm
by Faulk28allworld
HellRam wrote: August 6th, 2022, 7:35 am
BrooklynRam74 wrote: August 6th, 2022, 3:49 am

As usual SoCal with straight up common sense. We missed that. Of course you're going to upset the Nervous Nellie's and Want to be Worried-ers..LOL
Except Socal stated Stafford might have a arthritic condition. Umm in what way is that good news and something to not worry about? Interesting take from his comment.


Personally, I have no clue whats going on other than Staffords elbow has been giving him some problems that don't seem to be going away fully. Can he play at a high level still? I'm sure he can! Will it affect the longevity of his career? Good chance of that as well depending on the condition and wear and tear.
This could very well be it too. He has thrown a ton over his career.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 2:27 pm
by Cornell29
Stafford back in practice throwing no looks


Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 2:27 pm
by Cornell29

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 2:28 pm
by Cornell29
Stafford throwing deep rope passes to Kupp


Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 2:38 pm
by Cornell29
Stafford is lighting up practice again.


Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 2:57 pm
by BrooklynRam74
Don't show this stuff Cornell. There's twats on here that would rather complain and worry.

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 3:12 pm
by UplandRam

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 6th, 2022, 6:40 pm
by Cornell29

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 7th, 2022, 12:30 am
by HellRam
Faulk28allworld wrote: August 6th, 2022, 2:22 pm
HellRam wrote: August 6th, 2022, 7:35 am

Except Socal stated Stafford might have a arthritic condition. Umm in what way is that good news and something to not worry about? Interesting take from his comment.


Personally, I have no clue whats going on other than Staffords elbow has been giving him some problems that don't seem to be going away fully. Can he play at a high level still? I'm sure he can! Will it affect the longevity of his career? Good chance of that as well depending on the condition and wear and tear.
This could very well be it too. He has thrown a ton over his career.
It's just the reality of life.

My best sport was baseball. When I was 26 I could throw 40 to 50 pitches well above 80 mph without issue, among a variety of other pitches of course. After my shoulder issues and rehab that number is around 10 to 15 (I'm 33). It's life. Hell, a great pitcher like Clayton Kershaw struggles to start 25 to 30 games at his age. Stafford will be fine be fine this year, I'm certain of it. But make no mistake the probability of him have a degenerative conditions is very possible if not likely. Good news it is manageable for a while. Bad news is father time wins out every time. I don't expect the nerds on this site to understand such but that's obvious by gooberish mentality of some here. Same ol I reckon

Re: Stafford is back

Posted: August 7th, 2022, 2:23 am
by BrooklynRam74
HellRam wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:30 am
Faulk28allworld wrote: August 6th, 2022, 2:22 pm

This could very well be it too. He has thrown a ton over his career.
It's just the reality of life.

My best sport was baseball. When I was 26 I could throw 40 to 50 pitches well above 80 mph without issue, among a variety of other pitches of course. After my shoulder issues and rehab that number is around 10 to 15 (I'm 33). It's life. Hell, a great pitcher like Clayton Kershaw struggles to start 25 to 30 games at his age. Stafford will be fine be fine this year, I'm certain of it. But make no mistake the probability of him have a degenerative conditions is very possible if not likely. Good news it is manageable for a while. Bad news is father time wins out every time. I don't expect the nerds on this site to understand such but that's obvious by gooberish mentality of some here. Same ol I reckon
Yes everyone. LISTEN to this man. After all, if HE was making decisions for our team, Jared Goff would still be Quarterback and Aaron Donald would have retired in disgust by now WITHOUT his Ring.